Windows 10: Rotate Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Rotate Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Rotate Image in Windows 10 How to Rotate an Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a built-in feature to allow you to quickly rotate an image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Rotate Image in Windows 10

How to: Rotate Image in Windows 10

How to Rotate an Image in Windows 10

Windows 10 has a built-in feature to allow you to quickly rotate an image if needed.

You can rotate left to turn the selected image 90 degrees to the left.

You can rotate right to turn the selected image 90 degrees to the right.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to rotate images in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: "Rotate left" and "Rotate right" an image

Rotate Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Rotate Image(s) in File Explorer
    1. While in File Explorer, select one or more image files you want to rotate, and do step 2 (ribbon), step 3 (context menu), or step 4 (keyboard) below for how you want to rotate the image(s).

Rotation changes you make are automatically applied and saved to the image file.

2. To Rotate Image(s) in Ribbon
    A) Click/tap on the "Picture Tools" Manage tab, click/tap on the Rotate left or Rotate right buttons in the ribbon until the image(s) are rotated how you want, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Rotate Image(s) using Context Menu
    A) Right click or press and hold on the selected image(s), and click/tap on step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Rotate Image(s) using Keyboard
    A) Press the Alt key to see the available keyboard shortcuts, and then press the J+P keys to open the "Picture Tools" Manage tab. (see screenshot below)

B) Press the R+L (rotate left) or R+R (rotate right) keys until the image(s) are rotated how you want, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished rotating the image(s), you can close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Rotate Image in Photos app
    1. While you have an image opened in the Photos app, do step 2 (rotate button) or step 3 (keyboard) below for how you want to rotate the image.

2. To Rotate Image using Rotate Button
    A) Click/tap on the Rotate button in the Photos app toolbar to rotate the image 90 degrees to the right until the image is rotated how you want, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Rotate Image using Keyboard
    A) Press the Ctrl + R keys in the Photos app to rotate the image 90 degrees to the right until the image is rotated how you want, and go to step 4 below.

4. The rotation changes you made to the image are automatically applied to image file by default. When finished, you can close the Photos app.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Rotate Image in Windows Photo Viewer
    1. While you have an image opened in step 2 (rotate buttons), step 3 (context menu), or step 4 (keyboard) below for how you want to rotate the image.

2. To Rotate Image using Rotate Buttons
    A) Click/tap on the Rotate counterclockwise (left) or Rotate clockwise (right) buttons in Windows Photo Viewer until the image is rotated how you want, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Rotate Image using Context Menu
    A) Right click or press and hold on the image in Windows Photo Viewer, and click/tap on Rotate right or Rotate left until the image is rotated how you want, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Rotate Image using Keyboard
    A) Press the Ctrl + , (Rotate counterclockwise) or Ctrl + . (Rotate clockwise) keys until the image is rotated how you want, and go to step 5 below.

5. When finished rotating the image, close Windows Photo Viewer to apply your changes to the image file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 7, 2017
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Oct 26, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

My ACER iconia W4 820 had screen auto-rotation in Windows 8.1, but I can't seem to find this damn thing in Windows 10. I can manually rotate the screen, but it doesn't seem to use the sensor to auto detect the orientation. Where is it?

RejZoR, Oct 26, 2019
  4. marvinb Win User

Auto rotate and g force

I dont have that option in settings. I go to settings and the display is in the sysyem folder and it doesn't have that option. This is a flexx11 that had win 8.1 did the upgrade about 5 weeks ago and everything was fine. Keyboard started messing up and cust support had me do a reset. During that time it installed a very different win 10 than the converted one. When using it for games it doesnt respond to turning either, figure it's connected. Thanks

marvinb, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

I have a windows surface 3 and all windows tablets the auto rotation is set to off. You have to enable auto rotation.

Press the
    Rotate Image in Windows 10 start.png
    + O (letter) keys to toggle to lock or unlock autorotation. Check here

Mindweaver, Oct 26, 2019
  6. zo0lykas Win User
    zo0lykas, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Rotate Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rotate Image

2. Win 10-Windows Spotlight-Rotates through the same several images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10-Windows Spotlight-Rotates through the same several images: I have had past issues with Spotlight suddenly stopping. It has worked for a long time now but about 2 months ago it started rotating through the same set of images, maybe 10-15. I no longer see any new images or any of the hundreds I have seen in the past. What is causing...
  3. Win 10-Windows Spotlight-Rotates through the same several images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10-Windows Spotlight-Rotates through the same several images: I have had past issues with Spotlight suddenly stopping. It has worked for a long time now but about 2 months ago it started rotating through the same set of images, maybe 10-15. I no longer see any new images or any of the hundreds I have seen in the past. What is causing...
  4. Win 10-Windows Spotlight-Rotates through the same several images

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a...: How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a beautiful image of the iconic The Palace of the Lost City at Sun City, built by Sol Kerzner. We have rights to use the image. I can be contacted on *** Email address is removed for...
  6. How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a...: How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a beautiful image of the iconic The Palace of the Lost City at Sun City, built by Sol Kerzner. We have rights to use the image. I can be contacted on *** Email address is removed for...
  7. How do I submit an image for consideration, for the rotating images on my desktop? I have a...

8. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  9. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  10. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app rotates any portrait image to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app rotates any portrait image to the...: After updating to Windows 11 22H2, Microsoft Photos app flips any portrait image to the right 90 degress. When opeing an image that is in PORTRAIT layout in Microsoft Photos since the update, rotates the image to the right 90 degress. Why is this happening and how do I fix...