Windows 10: Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!

Discus and support Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that propably it's not a Windows 10 related topic but I didn't know where else to ask that. I searched a bit on the Internet for a solution and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kouzou, Sep 10, 2015.

1. kouzou Win User

Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!

I know that propably it's not a Windows 10 related topic but I didn't know where else to ask that.
    I searched a bit on the Internet for a solution and I couldn't find any.

So whenever my brother opens his laptop and connects to the Wifi every other PC loses connection.
    Router generaly is starting to act weirdly, random disconnects, connecting again for little, then again disconnecting etc etc...

Does anyone know what could be the problem and if you have something to suggest?

I don't feel like posting any info of the laptops we have here since i believe it's quite irrelavant to the problem.
    The problem is what can my brother's laptop do in order to effect so much the Internet connection.
    Yes i close all his downloading actions or programs that use Internet and still problem occurs.

Here in my house every one is completely clueless about technology and they think that ''just the Internet is bad and his PC doesn't affect it at all''...
    So I am kinda the only hope to fix this.

:)

kouzou, Sep 10, 2015
  2. gukangyi Win User

can not access internet

Hi, the problem is persist when I disconnect the wifi and connect agtain.

I must power off the router, unplug the internet cable, power on the router back until phone connect the wifi, last connect the internet cable to router again. I can not disconnect the wifi and connect back, it's will don't access internet again.

gukangyi, Sep 10, 2015
  3. N8 wlan disconnects

Same problem.

BT connection with BT router.

After 5 mn, the router disconnects from the internet.

I then get an "invalid server" message on the N8.

Only one way: restart the router.

Any idea someone ?

chrisathome---01, Sep 10, 2015
  4. martins Win User

Did your brother recently upgrade to windows 10?
    This happened to a customer of mine just after upgrading. Every device would disconnect from Wifi when the PC was connected. No devices could connect either. After disabling the PC's network-adapter, the devices could connect immediately. Unfortunately, I had not much time to investigate (customer needed the PC). However, a clean install solved the problem.

Could it be related to this problem?
    https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13464-one-windows-account-causes-router-wi-fi-turn-off.html

Perhaps it's dhcp starvation. Worth investigating.

martins, Sep 11, 2015
  5. kouzou Win User
    Thanks for the extra info and the reply.
    I will look it up.

kouzou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects! - Similar Threads - Router Disconnects Internet

2. Laptop disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected: I have one laptop (HP) that won't stay connected to wifi. It worked yesterday until I installed a new router/modem. All other devices unaffected. Here's my new setup: New Arris SBG7400AC2 router/modem connected by coax. 2.4 and 5 have channel auto. SSIDs: Work, Work5G DHCP...
  3. Internet only with certain programs?

Internet only with certain programs?: I have the problem that I only have access to the internet in different applications on the pc internet like Grand Theft Auto V or skype, discord and Minecraft and everything else I can't access the internet like Rainbow six victories or my browser! Can someone help me?...
  4. PC disconnecting from internet

PC disconnecting from internet: Just got a new PC mainly for gaming and am having a problem that is unique to this PC in that im getting disconnected from the WiFi for seemingly no reason. This doesn't happen to my laptop, Xbox or any other devices. Sometimes it will be good and stay online for a couple...
  5. PC disconnected from the router and does not connect back even after restart

PC disconnected from the router and does not connect back even after restart: My pc disconnected from the internet during normal use playing CS:GO. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide and it did not help. Other devices connected to the router both through wire and wifi work fine - I have even connected my notebook to the same ethernet cable...
  6. Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it...
  7. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...: The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason. The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS server. So I changed the DNS server addresses in "Adaptor settings " and in the ADSL setting ,it worked for three days ,but it...
  8. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only: Hi, Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop. My laptop will show as being connected to the WiFi but will say "Connected, No Internet", my phone will remain connected to the WiFi and the internet will work...
  9. Internet disconnecting with certain apps

Internet disconnecting with certain apps: I recently reset my PC. Since then, certain applications like Google Chrome and Epic Games shut down my connection to the internet, only on this device, the internet still works for other devices. The network still works like normal, only the internet isn't. There's no yellow...
  10. One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router: Hi everyone, Currently my setup is modem-> Asus 68U Router-> 24 port switch There are a couple of things that go direct to my router, but for the most part everything goes into the switch including 3 different computers. Yesterday that power went out at my house and...