Windows 10: Router Extender

Discus and support Router Extender in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am going to upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future. I am in need of a WiFi extender. Does it make any difference on the OS? Compatible with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Langsey, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Langsey Win User

Router Extender

I am going to upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future. I am in need of a WiFi extender. Does it make any difference on the OS? Compatible with Windows 10? Thanks in advance.

:)

Langsey, Jul 28, 2015

2. Internet Connectivity

I recently set up my PC in a new house with a new network. My house has one router and two connection extenders, one of which is much faster than the other. The base router and the slow extender both show up in my network list, but the better router doesn't.
    Why is this? How can I fix this?

SheenMcQueen, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Anything related to Microsoft account login(store,edge,xbox app,cortana,etc) not working.

*UPDATE*

hello !

store has started working magically and I think I know what the problem is can you verify it?

so I have two routers

one is my standard router placed far away from my room and other is my signal extender.

so I use my signal extender to connect to the internet however I tried moving my router to another position and connect it directly to my pc without signal extender and voila! everything is working finally.

but shouldn't Microsoft "fix this"

captainACE_2412, Jul 28, 2015
  4. derek10 Win User

Router Extender

If you mean a Wifi repeater/amplifier, then no it doesn't make any difference *Smile

derek10, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Router Extender

1. Router Extender - Similar Threads - Router Extender

2. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...
  3. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...
  4. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly

Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly: OPS Windows 10. My Wi Fi Router model name is WR7010 v2 and the MAC address is XXXXXXXXXC8B. My Wi Fi Extender name is WR7010-2.4G-C8B_EXT. I paired them with WPS. Are they paired correctly? They are both appearing on the Wi Fi Analyzer. Thank you for the support! 159678
  6. Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly: OPS Windows 10. My Wi Fi Router model name is WR7010 v2 and the MAC address is XXXXXXXXXC8B. My Wi Fi Extender name is WR7010-2.4G-C8B_EXT. I paired them with WPS. Are they paired correctly? They are both appearing on the Wi Fi Analyzer. Thank you for the support! 159678
  7. Help me, I'm trying to run an old router as a wifi extender

Help me, I'm trying to run an old router as a wifi extender: Hello to all, someone please help me, I have been reading articles/posts/watching videos and I am no closer to getting the result I need. I am not computer savvy but know a little bit until it gets to technical. I am on Vodafone Hub NBN with Arris cm8200b router and it all...
  8. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  9. Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender

Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Asus A555LF, since past few weeks my laptop is unable to switch from range extender to my router. I have Tenda router and tenda range extender installed at 1st floor and ground floor respectively. All other laptops and mobile devices switches as I...
  10. Setting Up a Second Router as a Repeater/Range Extender/Bridge

Setting Up a Second Router as a Repeater/Range Extender/Bridge: I am quite a distance from the modem/router (several acres property) and must use a Range Extender/Repeater. Insider Build 16215 has knocked my WiFi into the next county, it seems and I find I must hard wire my computer to the router or Range Extender if I want Internet....