Windows 10: Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure

Discus and support Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have three computers on my home network. Computer #1 is connected to my Cisco DPQ3925 router via ethernet, as is computer #2 via WiFi. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carleton, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Carleton Win User

Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure

Hi,
    I have three computers on my home network. Computer #1 is connected to my Cisco DPQ3925 router via ethernet, as is computer #2 via WiFi. I can logon to the router’s web administration page via a web browser on both of those computers. Computer #3 is also connected to the same router via ethernet, and, up until recently, I was able to access the router’s admin page on it as well; no problem. But now, on computer #3, when I type 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) in the address bar of the web browser (or use the “router123” web page,) I am redirected to the Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services web page. I’ve used Edge, IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome, all with the same result.
    There is no entry in the “Hosts” file causing this redirection. I’ve consulted my ISP’s technical support twice and they have been unable to solve the issue (Cisco says the ISP owns the router and it uses the ISP’s software.) I’ve exchanged the router for an identical substitute and have the same problem. I’ve reset both the old and the new routers to factory defaults, and upgraded the firmware: No improvement. I’ve reset the winsock, and released and renewed the IP address (although I’m using static IPs on all my devices.) Clearly, something has changed on computer #3, but I have no idea what or when, and, since everything else works fine, I’m hesitant to do a restore to an earlier time.
    I’ve come to suspect that the problem lies in the fact that, despite being able to access the both my home network and the internet, computer #3 is not “seeing” the router. For example, both computers #1&2 list “Cisco DPQ3925” under Network Infrastructure in their respective Network Explorers. However, computer #3 does not. It can ping the router, and private network discovery and file/printer sharing are turned on. I’ve turned off the Windows firewall and Windows Defender. The Server service, all the Network services, and all three “Peer” and all three “Diagnostic” services are running. Still the router does not appear in #3’s Network Explorer. I’ve typed “\\Cisco DPQ3925”, but am told “Windows cannot access \\Cisco DPQ3925,” which, as I understand it, means, as far as computer #3 is concerned, the router does not exist. However, I am also given error code 0x80004005, which, according to various sources, could mean a missing DLL or corrupted Registry (I update the computer, run Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and clean the Registry with CCleaner regularly.) And, when I ran the diagnostics, I was told “the DNS server might be unavailable.” However, the DNS service is up and running.
    I’m at my wits end. Can anyone help me?
    • Is there a connection between this failure to list the router in the Network Explorer and my inability to access the router’s admin page?
    • What could be making the router “invisible” to the Network Explorer, and how can I change that?
    • Does the fact that Windows “cannot access \\Cisco DPQ3925” confirm that it cannot see the router because it doesn’t think it’s there? If so, what can I do?
    • Does error 0x80004005 mean there’s a missing/corrupt DLL or Registry file? If so, how do I go about finding/repairing the problem file?
    • Is it caused by a missing “share,” and if so how do I create one?
    • Do I need to “mount” the router on the C:/ drive? If so, how?
    • Any other ideas?
    Please help, I’m at a complete loss and nobody I’ve consulted has a clue! Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance you might give.

:)

Carleton, Nov 29, 2016

2. Share a wifi with my laptop?

From what I recall if you set up your computer to share its internet connection it will create an Ad Hoc network instead of an Infrastructure Network (Infrastructure is the normal mode that routers use). Right now Windows Phone only connects in infrastructure
    mode.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Nov 29, 2016
  3. wifi problem

An adhoc network is a peer to peer connection, without a central point defining the network. With an infrastructure network, communications go through a central point, like a wireless router or an access point.

What you have described is an infrastructure network. You'll need to work with the support for the virtual Wi-Fi router software that you are using to get your phone to connect to it.

Christopher Miller, Nov 29, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. on the faulty one open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all then tracert 194.119.131.66 post results

Samuria, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure - Similar Threads - Router showing Network

2. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  3. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  4. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781

Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781: After installing KB4586781, the right click menu on my router disappeared in the Network Infrastructure group. Other items listed in the network group still work correctly with the right click menu. I did an uninstall of KB4586781 and the right click menu of my router...
  6. Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781

in Windows 10 Support
    Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781: After installing KB4586781, the right click menu on my router disappeared in the Network Infrastructure group. Other items listed in the network group still work correctly with the right click menu. I did an uninstall of KB4586781 and the right click menu of my router...
  7. new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list: I have a Dell Insperon 7537 and recently upgraded to fiber optic internet. I have a Netgear nighthawk duel band router but neither network shows up on my computer. I have changed out the wifi card in the computer to no avail....
  8. Unknown network infrastructure device

Unknown network infrastructure device: While I was sharing files to my PC I discovered this device that I'm not intimate with it. [ATTACH] It's named "UbeeAP". I do not own this device in my house. Only Cisco Is there a way of removing this? Thanks....
  9. network tab only shows media devices and net work Infrastructure

network tab only shows media devices and net work Infrastructure: Hi, The network tab only shows media devices and net work Infrastructure, omits computer. I have laptop and desktop both have latest win10 updates and only one shows computer under network tab. I'm trying to share files between them through wifi network but the laptop...
  10. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...