Windows 10: Router problem

Discus and support Router problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gator313, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gator313 Win User

Router problem

I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I want to connect devices to the WiFi, I don't use the PC but if I disconnect the hardwire from the PC that hooks to router I no longer can get on WiFi with other devices.

:)

Gator313, Feb 10, 2016
  2. HWM72 Win User

Router Problem

Our computers are on Windows 10 and one keeps getting kicked off our Network. Had no problems when using Windows 8.1. Any suggestions? We bought a new Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 to replace our two year old Netgear router thinking that would solve the
    problem.

HWM72, Feb 10, 2016
  3. router problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We need some more information to assist you in an appropriate way.

*How have you connected the router to the computer? is it through Wi-Fi or LAN.

Please follow the methods and check if these steps help in resolving the issue.

Method 1

Reset the routers setting and check. Ask op to refer the router manual to reset.

Method 2

update the router firmware and software and check

n300

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Feb 10, 2016
  4. linw Win User

Router problem

Can we assume that the router has the wifi hardware?

5. sparkz Win User
    No, you should not need a wired connection in order for the wifi router to work. The router, however, does need to be connected to the modem.

sparkz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Router problem

1. Router problem - Similar Threads - Router problem

2. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  3. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  4. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with USB wireless adapter connecting to my router on windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with USB wireless adapter connecting to my router on windows 8.1: Hello,I have brought a new USB wireless adapter to connect to the internet on windows 8.1, the issue is that the wireless signal is not very strong up stairs, so I use a WiFi adapter to boost the signal, the issue is that the the USB adapter has problems connecting to the...
  6. Problem with USB wireless adapter connecting to my router on windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with USB wireless adapter connecting to my router on windows 8.1: Hello,I have brought a new USB wireless adapter to connect to the internet on windows 8.1, the issue is that the wireless signal is not very strong up stairs, so I use a WiFi adapter to boost the signal, the issue is that the the USB adapter has problems connecting to the...
  7. Network access problem after router change

Network access problem after router change: Just switched from Virgin Media to BT and all is well apart from a problem with my home network, consisting of a desktop, a laptop, and a NAS. Desktop and laptop are both running Win 10.2004. The problem seems to be with name resolution when laptop tries to access shares on...
  8. Miktrotik router problem

Miktrotik router problem: Hallo Have a problem with winbox to configure Miktrotik router. All the buttons in the Navigation pane are not working. is there any help. 166865
  9. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  10. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...