Windows 10: Router problem

Discus and support Router problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gator313, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gator313 Win User

Router problem

I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I want to connect devices to the WiFi, I don't use the PC but if I disconnect the hardwire from the PC that hooks to router I no longer can get on WiFi with other devices.

:)

Gator313, Feb 10, 2016
  2. HWM72 Win User

Router Problem

Our computers are on Windows 10 and one keeps getting kicked off our Network. Had no problems when using Windows 8.1. Any suggestions? We bought a new Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 to replace our two year old Netgear router thinking that would solve the
    problem.

HWM72, Feb 10, 2016
  3. router problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We need some more information to assist you in an appropriate way.

*How have you connected the router to the computer? is it through Wi-Fi or LAN.

Please follow the methods and check if these steps help in resolving the issue.

Method 1

Reset the routers setting and check. Ask op to refer the router manual to reset.

Method 2

update the router firmware and software and check

n300

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Feb 10, 2016
  4. linw Win User

Router problem

Can we assume that the router has the wifi hardware?

5. sparkz Win User
    No, you should not need a wired connection in order for the wifi router to work. The router, however, does need to be connected to the modem.

sparkz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Router problem

1. Router problem - Similar Threads - Router problem

2. Weird windows-only DNS problems with talktalk router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird windows-only DNS problems with talktalk router: For the last month, with Windows 10 v. 1803, 1810 and 1903 on Dell and HP laptops, I've had the most bizarre intermittent DNS errors on both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection to my TalkTalk HG633 router. Even while the problem exists, the Windows tray network indicator tells me...
  3. Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem: I installed the OpenWRT firmware on my netgear wndr4700 router to see what I could get out of it; I decided to go back to the default netgear firmware, so I tried to follow the instructions here, but its been giving me problems first off, I open the ipv4 settings on my...
  4. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  5. not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,...

not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,...: I originally couldn't connect to my printer via the network but, with more troubleshooting I realized I couldn't ping my own router, self, or any other device. I am able to access the internet flawlessly. I can ping outside of my network not within. I thought it was maybe a...
  6. the two routers one ssid problem

the two routers one ssid problem: Today i was trying to configure my TV Smartbox (Horizon mediabox from Ziggo), which is also a router, to match the same SSID as my modem. To explain the situation: - I run a cable from the modem to the TV Smartbox router - Turned off DHCP on the TV Smartbox router -...
  7. 'restricted' router problem

'restricted' router problem: Problem--everytime I get a new comp , I forget that I had somehow set the last comp as the 'main controller'-'master' or 'parent' to control access to my router making it impossible to get to my routers standard network based page- using 192.168.2.1 , without pushing that pin...
  8. Problems connecting to router via Wi-Fi, tried many different fixes

Problems connecting to router via Wi-Fi, tried many different fixes: Hello, I've got a brand new Dell XPS 13 9350 and I'm having big problems connecting to my houses Wi-Fi network. I live in a student apartment building and we all share Wi-Fi. 95% of the time I simply get the "can't connect to this network" message. The few times I manage to...
  9. Suspected router problem

Suspected router problem: Hello, I noticed that when I reset my Verizon router and do a restart, my computer works like brand new. Then after visiting some websites or a day later, it takes to much time to make a connection or when I go to links on the same page. I also noticed that if I single...
  10. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...