Windows 10: Router

Discus and support Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, When I try to connect to my WiFi, it asks for a network security key. (This is Windows 10, by the way) It also says that I can connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xEmbers_, Jul 27, 2018.

1. xEmbers_ Win User

Router

Hi guys,

When I try to connect to my WiFi, it asks for a network security key.

(This is Windows 10, by the way)

It also says that I can connect by pushing a button on my router.

I'm not exceptionally good with computers and tech, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but which buttons? I have two - the "WiFi On-Off" and "WPS" buttons. I tried the WPS button seeing as I thought the WiFi On-Off wouldn't really do anything. However, I still have this notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ Embers

:)

xEmbers_, Jul 27, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Router

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Router

1. Router - Similar Threads - Router

2. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  3. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  4. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  5. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  6. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection: I'm using network adapter. I'm experiencing slow Wi-Fi connection on my PC when connected to my router, but the connection is faster when I use my phone's hotspot, even though both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network from the router. Any insights on why this might...
  8. My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...

My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...: My internet not working on my desktop I connected my ethernet cable to router it's light blinking but not connected on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-not-working-i-cannect-my-ethernet/d50a06b3-1c9f-496a-bdf3-9a1bc3d56ba6
  9. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...
  10. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...