Windows 10: RTM upgrading(clean install)

Discus and support RTM upgrading(clean install) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Been using each release since the initial release, but, haven't seen anyone address this question. Given that Win 7 and 8 will get a free upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by earlyadopter, Apr 23, 2015.

1. RTM upgrading(clean install)

Been using each release since the initial release, but, haven't seen anyone address this question.
    Given that Win 7 and 8 will get a free upgrade, will we have the option, given a valid 7 install, to install it cleanly to, say a new SSD? Or will MS require us to do an inplace upgrade?
    Just curious.
    Thanks
    *Huh

:)

earlyadopter, Apr 23, 2015
  2. MrOberg Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 10 Insider Preview ( with Windows 7 Home Product Key)

Hi,

I have installed Windows 10 Insider Preview (clean install) and I wish to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM.

I have a genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Product Key which is not used on this computer already. Can I upgrade directly from Insider Preview to RTM, with my Windows 7 Product Key? If so, how?

Br,

Robin

MrOberg, Apr 23, 2015
  3. Dude Win User

RTM upgrading(clean install)

No one know yet. We certainly hope so *Wink

Thema:

RTM upgrading(clean install)

1. RTM upgrading(clean install) - Similar Threads - RTM upgrading clean

2. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  3. Possible to upgrade clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  4. Upgrade or clean install

Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  5. Clean Install or Upgrade - SP3

Clean Install or Upgrade - SP3: Hi Guys New to the forum, but been reading for a while. I have a Surface Pro 3 I7/512Gb/8GB Ram - Upgraded to WinX But... I want to know, is it worth doing a clean install instead of just leaving it as it is? Has anyone seen any performance issues with the upgrade or...
  6. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  7. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  8. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  9. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  10. Upgrade vs Clean Install

Upgrade vs Clean Install: The fix for many problems seems to be a Clean Install but this is defeating part of the test process. When 10 is released, I would bet 90% of the people who switch will do an upgrade because that is what they are being offered. Few will know what a Clean Install is, much less...