Windows 10: Rufus and Windows 10 ISO

Discus and support Rufus and Windows 10 ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have this ISO: Win10_1607_Italian_x64.iso I want to burn a PENDRIVE and run it with a BIOS (not UEFI) motherboard and I must use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pipppero2007, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Rufus and Windows 10 ISO

Hi all,

I have this ISO:

Win10_1607_Italian_x64.iso

I want to burn a PENDRIVE and run it with a BIOS (not UEFI) motherboard and I must use FAT32 (otherwise it won't work I know).

I want to use RUFUS for that but I can only choose MBR or GPT for UEFI because if I choose MBR for BIOS it say that it cannot do it.

PS: In the past I am sure I installed Win 10 in a not-UEFI motherboard (with RUFUS) without any issue... what happening?

:)

Pipppero2007, Feb 28, 2017

2. windows 10 anniversary update.

Try downloading the ISO file directly:

Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Rufus, a small tool you can download for free.

Rufus and Windows 10 ISO [​IMG]

Rufus - credit: Pete Batard/Akeo

After you have installed Rufus:

• Launch it
    • Select ISO Image
    • Point to the Windows 10 ISO file
    • Check off Create a bootable disk using
    • Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme
    • Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system
    • Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box
    • Click Start
    • Close when complete

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2017
  3. HP 32GB Stream - how to install the Anniversary Update? NO option to use additional drive offered!

Download the ISO directly:

Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Rufus, a small tool you can download for free.

Rufus and Windows 10 ISO [​IMG]

Rufus - credit: Pete Batard/Akeo

After you have installed Rufus:

• Launch it
    • Select ISO Image
    • Point to the Windows 10 ISO file
    • Check off Create a bootable disk using
    • Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme
    • Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system
    • Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box
    • Click Start
    • Close when complete

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Rufus and Windows 10 ISO

Sorry, I solve it. For older I need NTFS, for newer I need FAT32. Weird.

Pipppero2007, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Winuser Win User
    Glad to hear it was a easy fix and that you got it working. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Rufus and Windows 10 ISO

1. Rufus and Windows 10 ISO - Similar Threads - Rufus ISO

2. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  3. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  4. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image: I am far from expert but, I have tried to use Rufus to install onto a flash drive a Windows10 iso file. Everything seemed to be ok until the very, very end when I had a message on the screen saying that I was missing an app to complete. I only remember something about...
  6. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image: I am far from expert but, I have tried to use Rufus to install onto a flash drive a Windows10 iso file. Everything seemed to be ok until the very, very end when I had a message on the screen saying that I was missing an app to complete. I only remember something about...
  7. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

8. Is Downloading Windows 7 ISO from Rufus safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Downloading Windows 7 ISO from Rufus safe?: Hello! I heard that there is a program called "Rufus". You can download Windows 7 ISO from it, but is it safe and legal to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-downloading-windows-7-iso-from-rufus-safe/54bb8b95-e420-4531-a989-fdf22787005c
  9. Is Downloading Windows 7 ISO from Rufus safe?

Is Downloading Windows 7 ISO from Rufus safe?: Hello! I heard that there is a program called "Rufus". You can download Windows 7 ISO from it, but is it safe and legal to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-downloading-windows-7-iso-from-rufus-safe/54bb8b95-e420-4531-a989-fdf22787005c
  10. I have some people uding rufus after downloading iso file of Windows 10 from Media Creation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some people uding rufus after downloading iso file of Windows 10 from Media Creation...: Why would you use rufus when you can just click usb instead of iso in that Microsoft app ? Is there any difference? submitted by /u/collectoroflight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibi29r/i_have_some_people_uding_rufus_after_downloading/