Windows 10: Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 How to Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by sjmurray, Jan 8, 2017.

1. sjmurray Win User

Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10

How to: Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10

How to Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

If you like, you can change the keyboard shortcut used for Narrator commands to customize them how you want.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to change and restore default keyboard shortcuts for Narrator commands for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands
    • Option Two: Restore Default Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands
    1. Turn on Narrator.

2. Click/tap on the Narrator icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Commands. (see screenshot below)

Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select a command you want to customize, and click/tap on the Change command keyboard shortcut button. (see screenshot below)

*note Both the Caps lock and Insert keys serve as your Narrator key by default. You can use either of these keys in any command that uses the Narrator key. The Narrator key is referred to as simply “Narrator” in commands.

4. In the Type a keyboard shortcut window, type the keyboard shortcut you want to use on your keyboard for this command. Use any combination of modifier keys (Control, Shift, Alt, Caps lock, or the Windows logo key) together with a non-modifier key. You can use function and numeric keypad keys without any modifiers. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Save changes. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Restore Default Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands
    1. Turn on Narrator.

2. Click/tap on the Narrator icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Commands. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Restore default button. (see screenshot below)

*Warning This will restore the default keyboard shortcuts for all Narrator commands.

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Save changes. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

sjmurray, Jan 8, 2017
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 :)

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Humongous update. Added lots of commands (Control and System Properties) to the OP (in green and blue).
    Double/triple checked them all in Anniversary and Creators Update, everything works.

Drone, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Drone Win User

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 1380.jpg

Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 2.jpg

Drone, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Keyboard Shortcuts for Narrator Commands in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  3. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  4. Change keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change keyboard shortcut: I just bought a new keyboard, it has a few extra keys than a normal keyboard. One of these keys right now opens Groove Music, I would like to change the key to change between to audio inputs, is this possible? First thing would be to find out where this shortcut to Groove...
  5. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  6. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  7. Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable or change keyboard shortcuts: I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use. how can I alter them? 113787
  8. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  9. Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: How to: Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 How to Change Narrator Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or...
  10. Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes at Narrator Startup in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. When you turn on Narrator, a Heads up! Narrator...