Windows 10: Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

Discus and support Run 2 VPN's at Same Time? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own built-in VPN, plus I also have Tunnel Bear VPN installed, but not running at same time with Opera. I reserve Tunnel Bear for other, non secured browsers. Is there any extra gain in security by running Tunnel Bear together with Opera, or is the Opera VPN sufficient by itself? Thanks for your insight....Ed

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 17, 2017

2. Wanting to use both a VPN and Local Network at the same time

Hi Guys,

So I'm in a situation where I want to use Plex. Plex is installed on my home PC, and I have a NAS which holds my media connected to the network via a router.

I also have my Home PC (which is the one running Plex) connected to a VPN. I realised yesterday that when i'm connected to the VPN, my plex media is routing through the VPN, so it's extremely slow and barely works. I need the VPN connected 90% of the time.

So I tried setting up 2 user accounts. 1 account with the VPN only, and 1 account with no VPN, and Plex. When I switch users everything looks fine. VPN user is connected via Ethernet and VPN, Plex user only connected via Ethernet. However when I use the
    plex user it's still routing through the VPN (I can tell this due to speed and the automatic quality change). Is there a way to have 2 different network setups (VPN, and local), running at the same time. Be it though different users, and only other options.

Basically I need to be able to run plex without routing through the VPN, when the VPN is still active for other applications.

Thanks.

KurtBarker, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Chuie696 Win User
    Run 2 ark servers same PC for xbox

If you want to run multiple ARK servers on 1 machine set up Virtual Machines via Hyper-V on your host PC.

Chuie696, Apr 17, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I am not well-versed on VPNs (yet), as I'm just digging into them. I know Opera has an in-built VPN, but I have not tested it yet. I do know that Opera has been recently sold to a Chinese consortium, although they say it is still under the jurisdiction of Norway.

FWIW Just doing a quick search on the sale, I see this:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-image.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

You might do some testing, there are tests at the bottom of this page:
    How to perform a VPN leak test

There's also a detailed VPN evaluation guide here:
    That One Privacy Site | Detailed VPN Comparison Chart

I'm running WindScribe, so that's the only one I have tested. Sorry I can't be of more help.

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    Thaks Simrick. I must admit, I do feel a little discomfort about a Chinese consortium involved in Opera. I've also tried Yandex browser, which I liked, but it also concerned me that it's of Russian origin. I now use Comodo Dragon browser quite a bit, since it appears to have good security measures. In addition, I've installed Tunnelbear VPN, and use that when engaged in financial transactions. I'm a bit paranoid about security since there's so much bad stuff that can happen on the Web.

Mr Ed, Apr 19, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    I don't blame you! *Wink

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Run 2 VPN's at Same Time? - Similar Threads - Run VPN's Same

2. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  3. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  4. running wifi and ethernet at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running wifi and ethernet at the same time: hello community, can someone please help me with this issue, i stream all my tv content and i am losing my wifi signal quite a bit. i bought a wifi booster but it didn,t help. is there a way to run my wifi...
  5. 2 games on 2 pcs at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 games on 2 pcs at the same time: I have one Microsoft account, can my son play Minecrat on pc at the same time my other son plays call of duty on a different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-games-on-2-pcs-at-the-same-time/d64e1846-ca66-4756-9f55-7eb3e2b4cf1a
  6. Runtime Broker running around the same time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Runtime Broker running around the same time: Runtime broker, for the past couple of days, has been running at around the same time give or take a few minutes. It takes up around 15% of my CPU, 42MBPS of Disk, and a hundred or so MB of RAM. However, it doesn't last too long and it takes about less than a minute before it...
  7. trying to view 2 documents at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to view 2 documents at the same time: i want to see 2 documents at the same time in word, i have clicked view side by side...etc etc...the 2 documents are open but they dont use the entire screen. I have turned off the entire snap window functionality since that was supposed to solve the matter it hasnt. HELP...
  8. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  9. Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?: I'm currently using my cellular data hotspot via my phone and a filtered wifi connection that I'm bypassing with a VPN. The only issue, is that using a VPN on an already slow wifi connection, just completely spikes up my ping in the range of the 200s, making simple tasks like...
  10. is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?: Hello, there was plenty of time where i wanted to watch a movie or a play a game with a friend or gf late at night and we had to use the headset, but we just couldn't cause windows doesn't support that (or its very well hidden). I have plenty of USB headsets, some of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2 vpns active at same time