Windows 10: Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?

Discus and support Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use and love Synergy--the digital KVM switching software that lets me use a single mouse and keyboard across 4 computers in this case-2 WindowsPC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SmartGuyDumbPC, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?

I use and love Synergy--the digital KVM switching software that lets me use a single mouse and keyboard across 4 computers in this case-2 WindowsPC and 2 Linux.

My only complaint is this--when it runs at startup, I'm left with the synergy program window open and need to either close or minimize it.

Is there some way of auto-running the application either by way of startup folder or a registry key that will run in the tray? I know how to run it minimized but that leaves it on my taskbar and I'd just as soon not see it at all unless there's a problem.

:)

SmartGuyDumbPC, Oct 9, 2016

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Oct 9, 2016
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?

I had a similar problem. I wanted to run Task Manager at start up, but it doesn't have a 'minimise' command line option of its own. The solution was to put a .bat file in my C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder containing the following command:

start /min taskmgr

Edit: Apparently you're supposed to run it as a service...

https://github.com/symless/synergy/wiki/Startup#Windows

Bree, Oct 9, 2016
Thema:

Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?

1. Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray? - Similar Threads - Run start application

2. start up applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  3. start up applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  4. Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray: Hello, somebody can help me to achieve that? I really can't make it work, I did 1000 things but nothing works. Thanks!!!! 174599
  5. Need help booting up windows blind!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help booting up windows blind!: So my laptop screen is broken so I cant see the safe mode startup screen when I hit f8, even if i have it plugged into my tv with an hdmi. I dont know exactly what makes my laptop do this but it just stops booting up every couple of months and I've done it twice, where I've...
  6. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  7. Application showing up five times in the system tray

Application showing up five times in the system tray: Hello, Well as you can see in the screenshot Vuze is running, up 5 times apparently! It isn't obviously, and I can only right click on the icon on the lower right, but this is annoying. Any ideas of how to resolve it? [img] 12200
  8. My Application which is in Start up folder is not running

My Application which is in Start up folder is not running: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set...
  9. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...
  10. Blind BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Blind BIOS: A brand new Gigabyte laptop (P57W) that cannot display the optical or USB drives making it impossible to restore from disaster. The BIOS is blind and no way to fix it. How can they sell such crap? I just installed a Toshiba $400 dollar laptop, for a friend, and it had no...