Windows 10: "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional

Discus and support "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have setup a HP Stream 13 notebook, and upgraded from Win8 to Win10. Everything worked fine until today when the "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HRYZAK, Dec 23, 2015.

1. HRYZAK Win User

"RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional

I have setup a HP Stream 13 notebook, and upgraded from Win8 to Win10. Everything worked fine until today when the "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" start screen Tiles no longer function; tried 'Run as Administrator' from the pop-up menu with no success. Obviously, something has gone amuck. The Control Panel is a necessity, and I frequently use Run. Hope for some assistance since this notebook is being setup for a 80+year old relative, and trying to prepare it for ease of use. I am 'stalled' at this point. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, confused Stephen *Confused

:)

HRYZAK, Dec 23, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Dec 23, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Dec 23, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Give this a try .....................
    Right click at it > click Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter key.

At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line ( to avoid typo it's best to apply Copy/paste method)......

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    If that does not help, my next suggestion is to do a system file check:
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  6. HRYZAK Win User
    SUCCESS!! - The NoteBook will be under the Xmas tree tonight!
    FYI : POWERSHELL Activity logged:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](
    c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Istvan Wajs>CD C:\

C:\>Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

'Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0
    Image Version: 10.0.10586.0
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\>

HRYZAK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional - Similar Threads - RUN CONTROL PANEL

2. run,control panel and other items gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run,control panel and other items gone: So I was trying to sort out my works synced SharePoint folders and stupidly deleted a chunk of my user folder and as a result my windows is now missing basic features like control panel , run and a few others , I can access them if I dig around but there is nothing in start...
  3. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  4. Programs and Functionality window in Control Panel is black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs and Functionality window in Control Panel is black?: Hey everyone. I am experiencing this issue since the Windows 10 update that was made available some weeks ago. I am using the Dark theme which is what is probably causing the issue. Whenever I open the Control Panel and look into the Programs and Functionalities' window to...
  5. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  6. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Support
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  7. uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning: I upgraded windows 7.0 on my Dell XPSL501X to windows10.0 I got a new Cannon Cloud Printer and don't need the many HP programs (in Control Panel-Programs & Features) as I dont have it linked to an HP printer any longer. I tried several times to uninstall the HP...
  8. can't get graphics equalizer in Control Panel to function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't get graphics equalizer in Control Panel to function: I just connected external speakers to my Dell Windows 10 computer and want to use a graphics equalizer to alter the sound (remove bass frequencies) from my GoPro videos. I'm trying to use Windows GE - access from start/control panel/sounds/speakers/enhancements - but It...
  9. Locking down power option for non-admins in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking down power option for non-admins in control panel: We used to use Fortres Grand to lock down our Windows XP and 7 desktops and with Windows 10 I am trying to move away from it and rely mainly on the built-in windows security. I have mostly everything how I want it in the Windows 10 sysprep image I'm building except for the...
  10. Control Panel Running at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Running at Startup: Hi. When I had Windows 7, I put a shortcut to Control Panel in the startup folder (I used to need it to start at startup). Now I am on Windows 10 and it still starts at startup. I deleted from the folder (looked up where it was) and checked in task manager if it was set to...