Windows 10: Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

Discus and support Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and for the most part, it was fantastic. I love the look and feel of it, but there's this one thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JesseS, Jul 30, 2015.

1. JesseS Win User

Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

Hi there,

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and for the most part, it was fantastic. I love the look and feel of it, but there's this one thing that kept being a problem for me: I'm an aspiring screenwriter and like most aspiring screenwriters (and most professionals), my software of choice is Final Draft 9. Now, Final Draft 9 often suffers an error that prevents from saving files as PDFs unless you right-click the Final Draft icon and select "Run As Administrator." I used to able to do this without any problems in Windows 8.1, but after upgrading to Windows 10, I would select "Run As Administrator", confirm that I wanted to open the software, and nothing would happen. The only time I ever got the software to open was when I double-clicked on it, which caused me to run afoul of the error I mentioned above.

At the moment, I've rolled back my computer to Windows 8.1 so I can use Final Draft, but I'd really like to be able to use it with Windows 10, which brings me to my question: How do I fix the seeming inability to run Final Draft as an administrator on Windows 10?

:)

JesseS, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Incompatible Program Detected after Windows Update

I was running Windows 10 and Final Draft 10 successfully then my computer did an automatic Microsoft update. Suddenly, when I went to run Final Draft 10 there is an error scanning bar then an error window that reads that Windows is trying to find a solution
    to the problem. So I ran the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and the result was that an incompatible program was detected. Again, the Final Draft program ran without problems before the Windows update. Now, I click on the Final Draft icon both on my
    taskbar and from the startup menu and nothing happens.

AngelaGrey, Jul 30, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 Incompatible Program Detected after Windows Update

Will Final Draft run on Windows 10?

(Spoiler alert: It will.)

Just uninstall Final Draft, restart your computer for good luck, and install it again. I'm sorry I can't give you a fancier solution filled with impressive tech jargon, it's just that the boring solution is often all you need.

BulldogXX, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Why would you roll back your entire OS? You should have just reinstalled the app.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Chuck58 Win User
    I have a problem involving Final Draft 9 as well. It won't open at all. I've clicked on it and get a notification, Final Draft cannot open.

I've run troubleshooter and it tells me 'incompatible program - Final Draft.' Uninstalled and reinstalled using a fresh copy from Final Draft and get the same result. Naturally, this has to be the single program I use most. And tried running it as Administrator, with no luck.

Contacted FD and they are aware of the PDF issue but say they've received no other complaints of FD not working at all in Win 10. I will keep FD on my machine and hope it magically will start sometime soon.

I've got no antivirus other than Windows Defender, no other security software to interfere. No clue what's going on.

Chuck58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9 - Similar Threads - Run Administrator Final

2. W-9 Required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W-9 Required: We are trying to activate licensing but we cannot without a signed order and we need the Microsoft W-9 to do so. Please send a copy of the W-9 as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w-9-required/102fae57-39f2-484b-9a6b-c95af60fe943
  3. W-9 Required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W-9 Required: We are trying to activate licensing but we cannot without a signed order and we need the Microsoft W-9 to do so. Please send a copy of the W-9 as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w-9-required/102fae57-39f2-484b-9a6b-c95af60fe943
  4. MS W-9 Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  5. MS W-9 Needed

MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  6. Microsoft W-9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft W-9: We get billed by invoice from Microsoft for licensing and need to have a W-9 on file for tax purposes. Can someone tell me where to find a W-9 from Microsoft so that we can have this on file?I don't need a blank form, I need one that is filled out by Microsoft so that we can...
  7. Microsoft W-9

Microsoft W-9: We get billed by invoice from Microsoft for licensing and need to have a W-9 on file for tax purposes. Can someone tell me where to find a W-9 from Microsoft so that we can have this on file?I don't need a blank form, I need one that is filled out by Microsoft so that we can...
  8. 2022 Microsoft W-9 Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2022 Microsoft W-9 Request: Good morning, May we please have a copy of your W-9? Thank you for your time and have a great day! Chris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2022-microsoft-w-9-request/b5decb95-ca98-4c71-b36a-d638b2a3e192
  9. Final Draft compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Final Draft compatibility: Hello, So as I said in a separate emails about Word and Live Mail, I am having real problems as a consequence, it seems to me, of recent Windows 10 updates. Windows Live Mail, Word and yes, Final Draft are now all malfunctioning. Aside from internet browsing, these are the...
  10. Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Final Draft 11 require an upgrade to PRO?: Hi guys! I'm crazy old school and am looking to replace my beloved Sony Vaio with a Surface Laptop. A Best Buy employee has me all kinds of confused about Windows 10 S. Can anyone tell me if I'll need to upgrade to PRO in order to download Final Draft 11 and Scrivener...