Windows 10: Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

Discus and support Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 How to Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

How to: Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

How to Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact.

By default, you can already open your Microsoft Store apps in Windows Mixed Reality.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18329, Microsoft has added the ability to launch Desktop (Win32) applications (such as Spotify, Pant.NET, and Visual Studio Code) in Windows Mixed Reality.

*Warning Please keep in mind this is feature is still in development and Microsoft is actively working on addressing bugs. You may find ways to “break” the feature, and when you do, please file a feedback via Feedback Hub.

This tutorial will show you how to open and run desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While using the Mixed Reality Portal app for mixed reality, press the Windows *Start button on your motion controller to open the Pins Panel. (see screenshot below)

Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Select All apps to the right of the Pins Panel. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Page down to the right of the Pins Panel until you see the Classic Apps (Beta) folder, and select Classic Apps (Beta) to open it. (see screenshots below)

4. You will now be able to Page down and Page up to select to run any desktop (Win32) app in the Pins Panel. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, May 18, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Build 15048 Brings Mixed Reality Support and Demo

The latest Insider build of Windows 10 (Build 15048 for the curious) appeared at first to be a simple bugfix release. But hidden inside was a neat little gem for Mixed Reality developers: Support for the technology complete with a demo.

For most of us, this means little. Attempting to run the demo without a pricey Mixed Reality developers kit will only unlock a simulation of the demo, not an actual Mixed Reality experience. You will also need to enable "Developers Mode" on Windows 10's settings panel to enable the "Mixed Reality Portal" that leads to the demo in the first place.

Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 ccc44a1ec911_thm.jpg

If you've done all that developer mode prerequisite black magic, and are running the right build (15048) you should find the "Windows Mixed Reality" app in the start menu. Inside, you can test whether your PC is ready for Mixed Reality (probably the most interesting feature to the average user at this point), run the simulation, or if you are in possession of the proper hardware, actually run the demo in actual Mixed Reality.

The "Windows Mixed Reality" portal app seems to completely replace any reference to the older Microsoft "HoloLens" technology.

Source: betanews

R-T-B, Oct 27, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    Windows Mixed Reality Desktop Application is not Working

Hi,

If you are referring to the suggested troubleshooting step in this article, then
    we might need to report this issue to the appropriate team. You can try to uninstall and reinstall the Mixed Reality. If the issue persists, click
    Appendix > Filing bugs and feedback. Follow the steps accordingly.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Jane Lla Win User

Mixed reality

Hello Jazmin,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Any recent changes made to the system that might have caused the issue?

And do confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running, as this information is vital for us to proceed with the investigation.
    (Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

You may try to run the
    Windows apps and store troubleshooter
    for initial troubleshooting.

Follow the suggested methods advised in this support article under the Accessing your Desktop in Mixed Reality section:

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  6. BlueSoliel Bluetooth not working with windows mixed reality.

Hi Shuken,

Software incompatibility and outdated driver are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using the Bluetooth feature of your Windows 10. To provide an accurate solution, I would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your PC?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • Were you able to use the Bluetooth software before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    Jay_Ca
    in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to address
    Bluetooth issues in Windows 10 device.

Visit these links for further help and information about Mixed Reality:

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Run Desktop (Win32) apps in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run Desktop Win32

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. windows mix reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  5. windows mix reality

windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  6. windows mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality: Nvidia mx150 is supported for windows mixed reality but mx250 isn't why? need help at this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality/b69248fb-657c-4515-9425-2fb71d300996
  7. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  8. Window 10 mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 mixed reality: are you able to play Forza horizon 3 on windows mixed reality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-mixed-reality/f43e8b34-48a5-45c2-a7d4-64c4c048bcca
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. View and Interact with Windows 10 Desktop in Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View and Interact with Windows 10 Desktop in Windows Mixed Reality: How to: View and Interact with Windows 10 Desktop in Windows Mixed Reality How to View and Interact with Windows 10 PC Desktop inside Windows Mixed Reality Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects...