Windows 10: "Run..." history has disappeared.

Discus and support "Run..." history has disappeared. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every now and then I use run to do something. Like run the Firefox Profile manager, regedit, etc. Typically the "Run" pulldown menu has the commands I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Curious Win User

"Run..." history has disappeared.

Every now and then I use run to do something. Like run the Firefox Profile manager, regedit, etc.
    Typically the "Run" pulldown menu has the commands I had previouly run - which is convenient. But it is now blank. There is no record of previous commands even after I enter a command and later come back.

I must have turned a setting off somewhere but do not recall where. Anyone have an idea where I might have told W10 to delete past command history?

Thanks.

:)

Curious, Nov 19, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Nov 19, 2017
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Settings/Privacy/General/'Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results'/On

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Edwin, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Sounds like the history for the Run command was deleted or the temporary file removed. This can happen with tools like Disk Cleanup, CCleaner, or other system cleaners.

This may also happen during a Windows 10 build update.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 19, 2017
  6. Curious Win User
    Thank you for replying. I had already tried that but it did not restore "Run" ability to remember past commands. I tested it and it did not. So I must have done something else but thanks for the suggestion.

I happen to use the ClassicShell menu so maybe it is blocking something.

Curious, Nov 19, 2017
  7. Curious Win User
    Unfortunately it does not recall run commands from here on too.

Curious, Nov 19, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Run..." history has disappeared. - Similar Threads - Run history has

2. calculator history disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    calculator history disappears: When I switch to the calculator from a different browser the history sometimes disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-history-disappears/b9c4b79d-a51e-44e7-83d8-6e67683c81e5
  3. The run command has disappeared from the start bar

in Cortana
    The run command has disappeared from the start bar: [IMG][IMG] The run command has disappeared from the start bar, but when I do window plus r, it shows up, and even when I right-click the window button, it shows the run menu. It started after I updated my laptop, please help me fix my issues laptop I have is HP Pavilion...
  4. File History options disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History options disappeared: [ATTACH] I used to have a big button I could click to back up my data, but it completely disappeared and when I click "Configure File History settings" nothing happens. There's no option to create a new backup, and there's no button to manually back up my data. My backup...
  5. Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared: My Problem is a bit complicated. I don't know why but suddenly my Run and Command Prompt has disappeared from the search box and all the options lost too. But My Control Panel still has on the search box but the icon changed to the old icon and there are no options. This...
  6. Windows + Run history

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows + Run history: Hoping to get some help. My issue: When I access the run function (my preferred method is Windows Key + R) it does not remember any of the commands I enter in it. It does however, seem to pull history from other places. e.g. If I type winver to check my version/build, the...
  7. Update history has disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history has disappeared: I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have been dowloading and installing normally and showing up in "installed updates". Today I looked at "installed updates" and...
  8. Run History

in Windows 10 Support
    Run History: How do I enable the "Run History"? I have a bad memory and like commands like "regedit" or "services.msc" to stay in the history so I can just select them from a drop down. It was working until one of the updates, how can I re-enable it again? 128369
  9. Update history disappeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update history disappeared: Hi Strange issue, I have just checked Windows update area in version 1803, last night I had the feature update listed and 2 driver updates but for some reason this morning it is blank... any idea what happened to the 3 items listed? I have run disk cleanup but cannot...
  10. Update History has disappeared already. Clean Creators install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History has disappeared already. Clean Creators install.: Has anyone else had this happen ? I had got used to the previous Anniversary Update trimming and deleting the update history so that only the last couple of months worth was available but this seems a bit drastic. I had two 'valuable' (or some such word that MS used)...