Windows 10: Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Discus and support Run SFC Command in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hi Brink, My sfcdetails.txt file is empty. Your code to generate it in the text has a quotation mark at the end, while in your screenshot there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. yanif Win User

Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Hi Brink,

My sfcdetails.txt file is empty. Your code to generate it in the text has a quotation mark at the end, while in your screenshot there isn't. Anyway, I tried both ways, and it's nothing. Please help. Thanks.

yanif, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Yanif, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you ran SFC offline (at boot) in OPTION ONE or OPTION TWO, SFC logging in the CBS.log file is not supported to be able to create a sfcdetails.txt file.

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  3. yanif Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I didn't run SFC offline, I ran it in Windows 10.

I found another file in cbs folder called CbsPersist_20150815150320 and generated sfcdetails.txt, which is attached. Besides some hash mismatch, I also find following:
    2015-08-15 09:13:03, Info CSI 00005c59 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:338{169}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-admin~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-admin-Deployment"
    2015-08-15 09:13:03, Info CSI 00005c5c [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:162{81},l:160{80}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Host"\[l:60{30}]"Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1"; source file in store is also corrupted

sfcdetails.txt

yanif, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you haven't already, see if going through the items listed in the blue note box at the bottom of OPTION THREE to see if may allow SFC to repair this file afterwards.

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Never saw these other options, wondering any difference from doing the Standard option 3 compared to the others for SFC.

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Those are for in case SFC is not able to repair the file using say OPTION THREE normally. *Smile

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    O.K. was it stated that way and i missed it in tutorial ? Keep it in mind if i need to myself, thanks

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Reread, ty

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem mate. *Smile

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  10. Help I have the same issue but can't run the fix, when I run SFC /scannow I get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." This is from an admin command prompt. My Windows module installer aka trustedinstaller is set to manual, I see it start and stop when I run the command. I have disabled the firewall (read this elsewhere).

I've tried running it offline but my system reserved partition doesn't have a drive letter, if I run it as sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows it says The arguments passed to sfc are invalid. The offline windows directory specified points to the online system.

Calzor Suzay, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Calzor Suzay,

If you haven't already, see if going through the items listed in the blue note box at the bottom of OPTION THREE to see if may allow SFC to repair this file afterwards. *Smile

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  12. nitehawk Win User
    Just reinstalled Win 10 within itself and did a scannow and all clear

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

time to do a backup

nitehawk, Aug 15, 2015
  13. nitehawk Win User

now to figure out why my pc lags when i have a webpage loading or just general pc usage
    i have tried 2 diffrent hdds 2 diffrent memory sticks
    done all the tricks
    and updated all drivers and still nothing.. wondering whats going on with this PC

nitehawk, Aug 15, 2015
  14. C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Error: 11
    You cannot service a running 64-bit operating system with a 32-bit version of DISM.
    Please use the version of DISM that corresponds to your computer's architecture.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Calzor Suzay, Aug 15, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Calzor,

What does SFC report?

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Run SFC Command in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run SFC Command

2. Sfc/ scannow command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  3. Sfc/ scannow command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  4. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  5. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  6. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  7. sfc command not working

sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  8. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Possible to run SFC command from bootable media?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to run SFC command from bootable media?: I can never get this to work but I'm not sure if it's even possible from the recovery environment or attached as an external drive to a working machine. I use my Windows 10 21H2 bootable USB to load the device into a recovery environment. Then I go into Diskpart and assign a...
  10. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb