Windows 10: Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Discus and support Run SFC Command in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You'll need to post a screenshot showing the full layout of your Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) to determine that. The Recovery Partition is usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. balubeto Win User

Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Excuse me but I forgot to specify which partition. Then:

I want to know if the "System Reserved" partition is normally used to boot Windows 8.x/10.x or if it is used only by the SFC utility using the first method?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's required to boot Windows since it's the "Active" partition.

Brink, Oct 28, 2015
  3. I just installed Windows 10 x64 Enterprise TH2 fresh, installed all the latest driver updates, installed all Windows Updates and then decided to invoke a "sfc /verifyonly". It ended up finding inegrity violations and here's my CBS.log file. Why is this happening in a fresh install of Windows 10?

I then decided to perform the same command on another Windows 10 machine that's been running since TH1 and got this CBS.log result. If you compare both log files, the integrity violations are very similar.

Please help. Thanks.

kevindd992002, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Kevin, *Smile

Please use OPTION FIVE instead to create a sfcdetails.txt file to show only your SFC results. The CBS file is to large.

Did you run the SFC /SCANFILE command to attempt to repair the files?

Brink, Dec 1, 2015
  5. I did that and I know the problem now, so nevermind *Smile The problem is regarding the infamous opencl.dll NVIDIA issue that is also present when doing DISM /online /clean-image /scanhealth so I think all is good.

kevindd992002, Dec 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, the ole NIVIDIA driver.

Brink, Dec 1, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Seen it also reported on AMD drivers too, recently....

OldMike65, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Can this be related to the issue in both SFC and DISM?

kevindd992002, Dec 2, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    looks like 2 different problems to me. Not the same as the Opencl.dll problem at all.

OldMike65, Dec 2, 2015
  10. Oh ok. Any ideas on how to solve that though?

11. OldMike65 Win User
    At this present time their is no fix for the opencl.dll problem. Its being caused by Microsoft, replacing new drivers with Microsoft older drivers, everytime you run sfc scannow This IS a Microsoft bug, their is no fix yet, wish their was because I and many others have the same problem.

OldMike65, Dec 2, 2015
  12. Sorry, I meant on my other thread.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

It would be best to continue that issue in your other thread instead. *Smile

Brink, Dec 2, 2015
  14. Yeah, I figured. It's just that I posted several threads here already and it seems that nobody knows the answers to my questions *Sad

15. acmanten Win User
    What is the correct syntax for running command: sfc /scannow
    on my Drive F: (which is USB connected) instead of normal drive C:

Thanks

acmanten, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Run SFC Command in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run SFC Command

2. Sfc/ scannow command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  3. Sfc/ scannow command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  4. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  5. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  6. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  7. sfc command not working

sfc command not working: hello guys , i just tried to run sfc/scannow in cmd in Administrator and its not working and its say : 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.i don't know what i am did wrong , and i want just ask how can i know if i have...
  8. sfc command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Possible to run SFC command from bootable media?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to run SFC command from bootable media?: I can never get this to work but I'm not sure if it's even possible from the recovery environment or attached as an external drive to a working machine. I use my Windows 10 21H2 bootable USB to load the device into a recovery environment. Then I go into Diskpart and assign a...
  10. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc command access denied using command admin windows 10