Windows 10: Run SSD and HHD in harmony

Discus and support Run SSD and HHD in harmony in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I am a long term Mac user and have replaced the main PC with a windows 10 one which has been custom built. The OS is stored on the 120GB SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scottvsaunders, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Run SSD and HHD in harmony

Hey,

I am a long term Mac user and have replaced the main PC with a windows 10 one which has been custom built.

The OS is stored on the 120GB SSD drive and there is also a 1TB HHD that I want to use as the library and also place for installing programs etc.

Basically I want to keep the SSD drive as free as possible in order to have a clutter free and fast OS.

Can I ask if this is :
    A) Possible
    B) The best way to set up the two drives

Many Thanks

Scott Saunders

:)

scottvsaunders, Aug 6, 2016
  2. thatpaul Win User

Migrating from SSHD to SSD

How would one migrate a SSHD to SSD? The bootable files are on the 24Gb hybrid part of the HHD. Is it possible to combine the Hybrid part and the HHD part and then clone them to the SSD?

thatpaul, Aug 6, 2016
  3. PArtition of storage

My Dell computer has a 256 GB SSD and a 1TB HHD

As my SSD was getting full i wanted to change location of my downloads folder to HHD drive

This was the steps i checked online to carry out

1) Create Libraries folder in HHD

2) Create downloads folder in Libraries folder

3) Change location of Downloads to the 'downloads' folder in HHD

However I did not follow it and this is what i did, i changed the location of downloads folder to the HHD drive itself, so my download folder BECOMES my HHD, i dont know how to change it back? Can you help me pleaseee? Thank you so very much

Yugan KumarPatchandi, Aug 6, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Run SSD and HHD in harmony

A - Yes. However, Most software are small, you can install together in C drive for speed except some games that required a lot of disk space.
    B - Just connect the Sata cable and Power cable to it

topgundcp, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply Run SSD and HHD in harmony :)

scottvsaunders, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Run SSD and HHD in harmony

1. Run SSD and HHD in harmony - Similar Threads - Run SSD HHD

2. csr harmony

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    csr harmony: hiwhay doing windows 10 pro and romve may bluetoth all time, must reinstall agin and the agin.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csr-harmony/7f413a02-8442-4dc4-bab0-1681b0c6fe5e
  3. win10 migration from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 migration from HHD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I've got an SSD which already has a an older version of windows and an HDD with my current win10 version. I´d like to know how to migrate the new version from the HDD to the SSD and then, how to configure it to boost the new one without having to erase the old...
  4. hhd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hhd: hello i have added a hdd to my computer from a old device it is spinning and it shows up in the bios but not the program called 'disk manager' or in the my pc tab, any ideas, thanks ioan...
  5. 100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager: Not really sure what to do at this point seemed to try everything I could find online. Recently replaced my CPU in the last 2 weeks, already double checked if everything was plugged in and also plugged and replugged my SSD into the motherboard with no fix when I turned...
  6. Replace HHD with SSD

Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  7. Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer: I just purchased an SSD that I want to use as my primary disk. Before this SSD I was (and still am sadly) using an HHD. I have already migrated all of my files using an application called 'Data Migration'. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm already...
  8. Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD: how do I get the installed software on my HHD with Win 10 to work with my SSD with Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-hhd-to-a-win-10-ssd/ea8cbb19-2aab-4872-942e-e0490820af36
  9. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  10. Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD: Okay, One of my systems currently has Windows 7 Home Premium that somewhere along the line I used it to play around with 10. Because when I go to the Windows upgrade site, it is recognized as a Windows 10 machine. Now, I am currently running on HHDs a couple of 4TB...