Windows 10: Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

Discus and support Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having problems for a few months now, sometimes when trying to open any traditional application, have to wait a few seconds like 5 or 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrarey, Nov 4, 2017.

1. abrarey Win User

Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

I've been having problems for a few months now, sometimes when trying to open any traditional application, have to wait a few seconds like 5 or 10 before the application launches. At the beginning didn't pay much attention, but started checking the Task Manager which i was able to launch and I could see the application(s) listed on the processes running and then some seconds later the application will launch correctly.
    The issue started becoming more common it didn't matter the application, i think just Task manager and the new Windows Apps (Metro) were able to open on that state. I checked the Event Viewer and the only thing showing Error specifically around the same time i was trying to open the application is the Event ID 10016.
    I've started doing some research and found several websites and forums reporting similar symptom and some workaround to solve the problem, I was able to identify the application as the Run-time Broker. Basically the same information on must of them as it shows in here: Windows 10 error 10016 from Run-time broker - cannot change - Microsoft Community
    I did try that I was able to change Ownership on the Reg keys and able to set the security permission on The Component Services as listed. in my case the Run-Time Broker shows twice and i was able to change the security permission on both to add my user with access to Local Activation marked. But still getting the errors.
    Tired of trying to fix it I did reinstall Windows, a fresh Installation. I did it using a new downloaded image with the latest Fall Creators Update as in some forums they notice the problems when they performed update from one Windows Version to another, but surprise the error is still showing in there not even completed installing all the drivers i checked the Event Viewer and keeps popping from time to time, same related to Run-time Broker.
    "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}....."
    I did try to set the workaround all ran fine still no changes.
    Don't know what to do it seems that for must people the workaround just works fine and the Windows Re-installation also works, but not in my case.

Any help will be appreciated

:)

abrarey, Nov 4, 2017
  2. ConiGL Win User

You might just uninstall and reinstall opera . Might fix the glitch. . Did SFC come up good for you? Maybe a checkdisk too.

The error used to be more prevalent in older operating systems. Windows 10 seems to be fairly free of the error but is not immune to it. Lately I noticed I do not have the error anymore. I have had recent BIOS and driver updates from Dell so maybe something
    fixed a glitch in some software and got rid of that error for me. Anyway I don't think it is that big of a deal. Like a lot of other errors it is safely ignored. Computers spit out errors and warning quite often. Sometimes if they are serious ones something
    needs done . I stay out of event viewer as much as possible. About the only time I check it is when I do major updates or installs so I can check to see if anything threw an error during an install.

ConiGL, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

Not sure. I've only ever seen it occur (not always) when loading Opera for me, and only since I upgraded my PC. Unfortunately I've already tried the *fix* and it did nothing for me - nor can I remember the exact settings of the permissions prior to me changing
    them. Oh well, live and learn! The error on my system unfortunately results in a 5-10 second pause of Opera and as far as I can tell Explorer too. SFC has been run, not DISM yet and I can't be bothered to reinstall windows again as I will need to re-verify/download/install
    some games again which will take a good while on my 4Mb connection. Plus also I reinstalled windows several times already when I upgraded due to issues with drives and I really can not be bothered to do it again just yet.

Having a look around the internet shows that I'm not alone in having this problem, however, it's not massively widespread. At the moment I'm just living with the issue tbh, I like Opera as a browser too much to want to switch!

Roboloftie, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Pirx Win User

Those Distributed COM errors are a "feature" of Windows 10 (and typical of the quality to expect from this product, one might add). You will see those on any fresh install of Windows 10. There's more than one of these, too. I think it's roughly three or four of those on virgin WinX installs. Note that you can resolve the error by adding proper security permissions. If you look at the full event log entry, you'll see that it's the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) that's denied launch permissions, so that's the user you need to add permissions for.

HOWEVER, while actions like the above work fine to resolve most of those DCOM errors, the situation with this particular one is not so simple: Notice that when you try to edit launch permissions for RuntimeBroker, you'll be greeted with a warning saying that this object has unrecognized or callback security descriptors set, and the only way to edit permissions is to remove those unrecognized objects. The issue here is that heaven only know what the consequences of doing so might be. I have gone down that road at one point, which did indeed resolve the DCOM errors, but instead I saw COM Surrogate crashes popping up at random times that I could not correlate with any activities on the machine. And, no, I am not sure those crashes are in any way related to RuntimeBroker now being allowed to launch. Again, this is Windows 10 we are talking about.

Anyway, long story short, my recommendation would be to leave well enough alone. The issues you are seeing are almost certainly unrelated to those DCOM errors, and there is even a chance that those DCOM errors have no consequences of any sort at all.

Pirx, Nov 4, 2017
  5. abrarey Win User
    Thanks for the reply, it might be true what you said and the error that i have might not be related with the Run-time broker event.
    I'll be keeping digging on the system to see if i can find something else.

Regards!

abrarey, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    There are many posts on the forum about how to fix these errors. However, I doubt whether people really understand what causes the 'errors' or what are the unknown consequences of trying to fix them. My approach is to ignore these 'errors' and leave it to MS to fix them (if they are capable of doing so).

Steve C, Nov 5, 2017
  7. [youtube]ervoKKVBUdU[/youtube]

Same here, I have disabled logging and event viewer altogether and no more errors. *Biggrin

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors - Similar Threads - Run broker Event

2. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM: Every time the PC starts I have the following error. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 25/05/2018 07:35:47 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: Home-PC\User Computer: Home-PC Description: The...
  3. DistributiveCOM event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    DistributiveCOM event id 10016: While troubleshooting a random shutdown/reboot issue, which has been solved, I noticed an error in event viewer. I am getting error: DistributiveCOM event id 10016. It shows 27 in the last 24 hours and 227 in the last 7 days. I have read many post on this issue and am having...
  4. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Greetings. Updated to 1803 17134.1 without a problem but one error - Distributed COM event ID 10016. Experienced this event ID many times previously and have fixed by changing permissions in Registry but this one has no known CLSID/APPID. "The application-specific...
  5. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID: This is unfortunately not the 5th or 100th such post on this topic in these forums. But I've followed the advice on many of the threads, believe in my heart of hearts that I've done it right, and the problem is persisting. At each computer restart, my event log logs the...
  6. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Sounds like we might all learn something from your further investigations. Do keep us posted, please. Best of luck in running this to ground. --Ed--
  7. Event ID 10016

Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  8. Persistent EVENT ID 10016

Persistent EVENT ID 10016: Hello, every hour I get this error: Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Event ID: 10016 Level: Error User: SYSTEM Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...
  10. event ID 10016 - immersive shell

in Windows 10 Support
    event ID 10016 - immersive shell: Hello - I have implemented the permissions I've seen advised on here and the MS answers forum, but the error is still occurring. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes will spot something. Here's the error from the event viewer, and an image from dcomcnfg showing the permissions set....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schduled task runtime broker immersive shell error 10016

2. immersive shell broker windows hello

3. how to correct problems with runtime broker error 10016