Windows 10: Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

Discus and support Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ordinarily, I can right click on an app to trace back to the application file in File Explorer, open its properties tab, and set it to run minimized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeveredArrow787, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

Ordinarily, I can right click on an app to trace back to the application file in File Explorer, open its properties tab, and set it to run minimized from there. With Ubuntu, that isn't possible. So how can I make it run minimized?

:)

SeveredArrow787, Jul 13, 2018

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

I am currently running 16.04 version of Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 Pro (v1803) using WSL. But, I couldn't install the newly released 18.04 Ubuntu on my machine from the Windows Store. The store just refreshes on pressing the Get button. I tried resetting
    the store app, but it didn't help.

vikneshdbz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Ubuntu Linux on WSL will not use Internet

I have asked for the last 3 weeks for help from Ubuntu for the Ubuntu app in the store. My desktop has no issues using the Internet no matter where I go. However, for the last approximately 4 weeks the Ubuntu WSL will not access the Internet at
    all. Using apt-get update/upgrade, wget, curl, anything simply comes back as "Unable to access <whatever> site. Please try later." I have checked hosts, host.allow, host.deny, all are empty except for the normal comments. I have deleted/reinstalled
    Ubuntu, deleted/turned off WSL/rebooted/used disk cleanup/turned on WSL/rebooted/reinstalled Ubuntu and nothing helps. Please, someone help me with this issue before I delete windows entirely and set it up as SUSE or Fedora only. Thank you
    for any help/clues you can give me because Canonical doesn't seem to care.

Kenneth_Benson, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

1. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized - Similar Threads - Run Ubuntu WSL

2. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  3. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  4. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  5. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  6. Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows: When I run wsl --install ubuntu it shows Ubunutu is already installedLounching ubuntu ... And then it appears a new terminal that looks like this:The enabled windows features are:...
  7. Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows

Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows: When I run wsl --install ubuntu it shows Ubunutu is already installedLounching ubuntu ... And then it appears a new terminal that looks like this:The enabled windows features are:...
  8. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  9. iperf cannot run in WSL Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iperf cannot run in WSL Ubuntu: I have installed WSL 2 and Ubuntu. I want to run iperf from this Ubuntu to connect to a linux server on my LAN. I get connection refused error from iperf- $ iperf -c 192.168.2.45 connect failed: Connection refused ssh [email protected] works fine. I suspect port 5001 is...
  10. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...