Windows 10: RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

Discus and support RUN won't 'execute' EXE files in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nkienitz, May 6, 2018.

1. nkienitz Win User

RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder.

Same response on 3 different laptops.

I have a history of the APP for these EXEs (~12+ years worth) and they have always run from the RUN box and from the same download folder.

I can get the EXE to run when I click on it from Windows File Explorer or the Directory Opus File Manager.

I've also copied the two most recent EXEs that I downloaded since the 1803 update to my Desktop and they will run from the RUN box at that location.

I'm guessing something has changed with the 1803 update to affect this, but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

nkienitz, May 6, 2018
Thema:

RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

1. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files - Similar Threads - RUN won't 'execute'

2. I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop: How do i terminate the exe file in the background, its not appearing on task manager, i am using Process Explorer to find the exe that is running, it i could just terminate the exe there I would but it not giving me the access to do that, I am running Process explorer in...
  3. executable won't run on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    executable won't run on windows 10: I made a tic tac toe gamec# and made it into an executable. When I try to run the executable a message pops up saying "This app can't run on your pc" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/executable-wont-run-on-windows-10/393693b6-dc45-474e-836a-a13cbc3693fd
  4. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  5. Why executable files won't run?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why executable files won't run?: I installed OS Windows 10 Education N 2004. Updated OS and restarted repeatedly. There are no more update recommendations. Tried to install .Net 4.8, but both online and offline installers would not start. Installed Windows 10 SDK, with which .Net Framework 4.8 was installed....
  6. .exe files won't run from a .zip download

.exe files won't run from a .zip download: There are two particular .exe files on my computer that will not run. One is an installer for a Tascam US-800 audio interface. The other is the .exe installer for H&R Block tax software. Both files were downloaded as part of .zip files. I extracted all the files from the...
  7. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  8. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  10. No exe can be executed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .exe wont execute windows 10