Windows 10: RUN won't 'run' EXE files

Discus and support RUN won't 'run' EXE files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nkienitz, May 24, 2018.

1. nkienitz Win User

RUN won't 'run' EXE files

Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder.

Same response on 3 different laptops.

I have a history of the APP for these EXEs (~12+ years worth) and they have always run from the RUN box and from the same download folder.

I can get the EXE to run when I click on it from Windows File Explorer or the Directory Opus File Manager.

I've also copied the two most recent EXEs that I downloaded since the 1803 update to my Desktop and they will run from the RUN box at that location.

I'm guessing something has changed with the 1803 update to affect this, but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

nkienitz, May 24, 2018
  2. Schism082 Win User

Can't run exe file

Hello, I am trying to run an exe file I downloaded. When I click the exe I downloaded, it loads a little and then nothing happens. All other exe files work. I tried FixExec, and Microsoft's FixIt. They run and say they fixed the exe files but my exe won't
    run. How do I get my program to run?

Schism082, May 24, 2018
  3. Schism082 Win User
    Can't run exe file

Hello, I am trying to run an exe file I downloaded. When I click the exe I downloaded, it loads a little and then nothing happens. All other exe files work. I tried FixExec, and Microsoft's FixIt. They run and say they fixed the exe files but my exe won't
    run. How do I get my program to run?

Schism082, May 24, 2018
Thema:

RUN won't 'run' EXE files

1. RUN won't 'run' EXE files - Similar Threads - RUN won't 'run'

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  4. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  5. .exe files won't run from a .zip download

.exe files won't run from a .zip download: There are two particular .exe files on my computer that will not run. One is an installer for a Tascam US-800 audio interface. The other is the .exe installer for H&R Block tax software. Both files were downloaded as part of .zip files. I extracted all the files from the...
  6. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Problem running an .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running an .exe file: I tried to run an .exe from a dir on win10 by clicking on it and got a message that defender had stopped it running. i clicked for more details and i got it to run. but i did nothing to see that this won't happen again. could it? is there something we should do when...
  8. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  10. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone wont run .exe files