Windows 10: Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

Discus and support Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder.

I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup.

Is that to be expected? (Perhaps because the UAC warning is triggered and obviously cannot be answered?) Can I work around it?

It's no big deal to start it manually, but...

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Jul 26, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Command Prompt without admin in Recovery Mode

Can you get into Command Prompt?

If so, run this command to turn on the System Administrator Account:

net user administrator /active:yes

If you can't try running Startup Repair from the Recovery Environment . . .

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2017
  3. godot2010 Win User
    Ovi fails to start after running 'as Administrator'

Problem was solved temporarily by restarting Windows 7. By temporarily I mean after restarting WIndows Ovi run again. But only just once. Did not start the second time.

godot2010, Jul 26, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Try removing the shortcut from the Startup folder. Restart the computer.
    Then create a new shortcut of the program that is Run As Administrator, and save it to the Startup folder. Restart to test.

spunk, Jul 26, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
  6. Terrypin Win User
    Hmm - my brief note of thanks did not appear. Perhaps I should not have clicked 'Mark solved' first?

Terrypin, Jul 26, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 26, 2017
  8. Terrypin Win User

Thanks Brink. Isn't that that the same solution as lx07's, using Task Scheduler?

Terrypin, Jul 27, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not quite the same, but more detailed and versatile.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut? - Similar Threads - Running Administrator Startup

2. Can't run on startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...
  3. Can't run on startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...
  4. Shortcuts Not Running from Windows 10 User Startup folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts Not Running from Windows 10 User Startup folder: If I place a .BAT or an .EXE in my user startup folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, they both execute correctly on startup, but if I place a shortcut to my .BAT script in my user startup folder, the shortcut will not execute on...
  5. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  6. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  7. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. startup shortcut wont run

in Windows 10 Support
    startup shortcut wont run: win 10 v1909 I copied a shortcut for realtemp to both all users & my startup folder & it wont run on bootup. I know its possible cause I have coretemp in there & it runs. 178398
  9. Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator: How do you make a shortcut (on my desktop) always Run as a Administrator ? Thanks for any help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/make-a-shortcut-always-run-as-a-administrator/c09bf487-952b-4a51-80ed-732ac96ea3b2
  10. Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator: I have a program shortcut in the startup folder that I need to run as admin, otherwise it prompts me to do it manually after the system starts, which is annoying. The Shortcut tab has an Advanced button where I can check a Run as Admin box, but the system does not let me...