Windows 10: Running Commands as an Administrator

Discus and support Running Commands as an Administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just downloaded my Windows 10 upgrade and can't send mail through Outlook 13. On a forum I was told to run the sfc command but when I tried, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LizBurton, Aug 13, 2015.

1. LizBurton Win User

Running Commands as an Administrator

I've just downloaded my Windows 10 upgrade and can't send mail through Outlook 13. On a forum I was told to run the sfc command but when I tried, I was told that I'm not an administrator. Mine is the only account on my PC, so surely I must be. Help please!

:)

LizBurton, Aug 13, 2015

2. Access denied and command prompt not run as administrator

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to access the C:\ drive on the computer and it shows you the "Access is denied" error message. One possible reason is that the user profile data got corrupted. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly answer the question below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you completed?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the use the automated troubleshooter available on this

link
    to diagnose and correct errors with files and folders in Windows.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Access denied and command prompt not run as administrator

Hi everyone i have hp laptop which model no is hp-15 AY020TU and i have one user account which is local administrator , and my problem is then whenever i try to access c drive then there are show error msg which is "access denied" And c drive show
    "NTFS" and command prompt not run as administrator and i also try to change permissions but it can't change i have also lost recovery drive then i rest c system and windows is reinstall automatically and again try to access c drive but there have same problem
    so how can solve this problem..??????
    Running Commands as an Administrator [​IMG]

Running Commands as an Administrator [​IMG]

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. LizBurton Win User
    Thank you! Should have remembered!

LizBurton, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    You are very welcome. Enjoy the forums.

Dude, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Running Commands as an Administrator - Similar Threads - Running Commands Administrator

2. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  3. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  6. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  7. Commands can only be run in administrator mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Commands can only be run in administrator mode: Hi, I'm the sole user of my computer, and my account type is Administrator. I've recently been trying to use pyspark. Apart from the fact that I can't get it working anyway, one of the issues I'm finding is that when running 'pyspark' in command prompt when it is loaded...
  8. Run Command Prompt as Administrator in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run Command Prompt as Administrator in Safe Mode: Hi, I think I have to reset my computer because I can't access anything once I log into my accounts. Basically it starts up and let's me sign into my account but the desktop and task bar are missing all their icons, the start button will not open and only turns the cursor...
  9. How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?: Basically, I have a laptop and I want to challenge myself to break into it while not use any tools at all (no installation media to open cmd, etc.) and when looking on the internet, the only option is to have installation media so I can choose Repair your Computer and open...
  10. 10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt: I pinned Command Prompt to the Taskbar then changed the properties to always Run as Administrator. Setting took but is not obeyed: [img] When I click on the icon in the Taskbar I get: [img] What I should get is this: [img] This worked in previous...