Windows 10: Running Diskpart

Discus and support Running Diskpart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use this to select a drive to backup data,drive is not always powered up. I only power this up after windows has booted and need to backup something.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zplugger, Oct 27, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Running Diskpart

I use this to select a drive to backup data,drive is not always powered up. I only power this up after windows has booted and need to backup something. Every time I use this now when I boot the backup drive it always wants to do a disk check?Never did this in windows7,what has changed.

:)

zplugger, Oct 27, 2015

2. WIN10 upgrade & ESP (FRunning Diskpart :) DRIVE

opem cmd (run as admin)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

DISKPART> list volume

select volume (any you want to remove/hidden)

(after you select a volume type remove)

DISKPART> remove

it's ok to hide this drive it's harmless to your computer.

ralphlagdamin, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Not installing

Try restarting the PC.

Then run
    Diskpart Clean Command

on the flash stick.

Then try running the tool again.

If it won't run then try using another PC.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Running Diskpart

1. Running Diskpart - Similar Threads - Running Diskpart

2. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...
  3. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...
  4. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?: I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-delete-c-while-running-the-os/ec3f5b1d-0234-44ad-87a3-3c1c604e2943
  5. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?: I want to know that: Can diskpart can delete C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-diskpart-delete-c-while-running-the-os/ec3f5b1d-0234-44ad-87a3-3c1c604e2943
  6. Can diskpart delete C: while running the OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...: I have just run Diskpart 'clean all' and it completed successfully but then went into 'DISKPART> restoring' It has been taking much longer than is normal for a 2TB ssd drive to do the clean all. Is it normal to follow a successful cean all with restoring? How long should the...
  8. I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...

I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...: I have just run Diskpart 'clean all' and it completed successfully but then went into 'DISKPART> restoring' It has been taking much longer than is normal for a 2TB ssd drive to do the clean all. Is it normal to follow a successful cean all with restoring? How long should the...
  9. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...: i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-did-convert-mbr-to-gpt-is-my-partitions/76cca304-5267-4bf2-ba0d-9c9fda8c0bad
  10. No usable free extent could be found error when running DISKPART

in Windows 10 News
    No usable free extent could be found error when running DISKPART: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]DISKPART is a very useful command line disk management tool which can be used to manage, delete or create new hard drive partitions. But at times, when you run it to create a partition, you may see a message – [...] This post No usable free extent could be...