Windows 10: Running msc files in Admin ?

Discus and support Running msc files in Admin ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JerometheGiraff, May 3, 2016.

1. Running msc files in Admin ?

If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ?

:)

JerometheGiraff, May 3, 2016

2. .msc files does not open in windows 10

i have windows 10 and my problem with .msc files

when i try to open any of .msc files like those in "Administrative Tools"...no one opens it keeps saying :

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

even if I'm an admin...and i tried sfc /scannow...it doesn't work

do any one have another solution ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

yazan saleh, May 3, 2016
  3. Gina_on_the_thread, May 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Running msc files in Admin ?

Run it from a Elevated Command Prompt?????

Ztruker, May 4, 2016
  5. NovHak Win User
    Ztruker, that seems very valid.

You can also find it in here "C:\Windows\System32\gpedit.msc" with the file explorer, right-click and choose run as admin. But beware when playing with this, since I suppose you're new to Windows !

NovHak, May 4, 2016
  6. That is what I was trying to do, why I posted the message. Hrm, alright thanks.

JerometheGiraff, May 4, 2016
  7. NovHak Win User
    If you're looking for an easy way to get an elevated command line, right-click on the start menu icon, you will get a menu with an appropriate option.

EDIT : Sorry I read too quickly, you want to know what to put before gpedit to have it run as an admin. Well, to my knowledge there's no secure way to do this. You could use the runas command, but it asks for the password outside User Account Control, which is bad. However, you could modify a copy of the Microsoft Management Console executable's manifest, changing its requested execution level from asHighest to asAdmin. This can be done with the CFF Explorer utility, part of the Explorer suite freely available at ntcore.com.

Then type the following on the command line :

yourmmc gpedit.msc

You will then get an elevation prompt. But considering you'll get a UAC prompt anyway, I suppose the solution in my previous post remains better !

NovHak, May 4, 2016
  8. Running msc files in Admin ?

NovHak thanks for the tip, I did manage to get Local Group Policy to run as an Administrator. *Smile Problem solved *Smile

JerometheGiraff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Running msc files in Admin ?

1. Running msc files in Admin ? - Similar Threads - Running msc files

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Can only run files as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only run files as admin: I’ve recently run into an issue with all executable files on my PC.For some reason, the default for all .exe files is to be run as administrator. I saw two other users with similar issues but the fixes that worked for them didn’t work for me. I checked the registry and all...
  4. PowerShell file run with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell file run with admin rights: I made a script in PowerShell and I have to run with admin rights. I also made a shortcut of that file and with right click -> properties, shortcut tab -> advanced -> run as admin is disabled. How can I run a ps1. file (PowerShell file) with admin rights ? (see picture) 182480
  5. CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPL and MSC components not running from cmd: Hello, I'm unable to access the Device Manager from administrator command prompt by calling "devmgmt" If I call it by its full name "mmc devmgmt.msc" it works fine. I've experienced the same issue with "ncpa.cpl" for the Network & Sharing Center. This issue was not present...
  6. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  7. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  8. Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup

Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup: Hello, I have a batch file that executes certain commands and one of these commands requires admin privilege. When I place this file in the startup folder the command fails. Right clicking on it and setting it to run as admin doesn't work. I am told scripts can be...
  9. help creating a file to run program Run as Admin at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help creating a file to run program Run as Admin at boot: I have a program I run at startup, and it needs to run as Admin. I have made bat files eons ago, but they have to run at the cmd prompt. How can I do this in windows. I'm using Glary Utilities Startup processor. Here is the program: Process Explorer and when I run it I use...
  10. .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter: I've been trying to find a specific file and after numerous unfruitful google and direct system32 searches, I've decided to come here. I'm looking for one specific thing: The name and file location of the file that launches the network troubleshooter in Windows 10. When...