Windows 10: Running Powershell for login of users

Discus and support Running Powershell for login of users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniel13djb, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Running Powershell for login of users

I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in silence mode.

Here is what I have and all it does is pull up powershell. What do I need to do to basically enter the text and press enter.

START %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingfinance* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *windowsphone* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingsports* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

:)

Daniel13djb, Feb 28, 2016

2. Remove Windows Apps for all users

Is there a way to remove the Windows Store App (Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove\AppxPackage) for all uses on a domain joined computer. I can run the powershell script for my login but when another user logs in, they have the store available.
    We have Windows 10 Pro machines. I would also like to remove the Mail app as well, again running the powershell script removes it for my login but not another users.

Carole Swenson, Feb 28, 2016
  3. No admistrator on computer

Try running the same command in PowerShell. Click the search in Windows and type in PowerShell, right click and run it as administrator. Then type the command to enable the admin account: net user administrator /active:yes

Reboot and see if the admin account is available in the login window.

Please let me know if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Running Powershell for login of users

1. Running Powershell for login of users - Similar Threads - Running Powershell login

2. Powershell is running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell is running in background: hello employees and helpers of microsoft, my problem is, powershell running background, i dont know why powershell initiates when my pc starts, usually when i open task manager i see powershell running but in others, no.1 month ago i used windows toolbox and i optimized my...
  3. Powershell is running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell is running in background: hello employees and helpers of microsoft, my problem is, powershell running background, i dont know why powershell initiates when my pc starts, usually when i open task manager i see powershell running but in others, no.1 month ago i used windows toolbox and i optimized my...
  4. Powershell is running in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PowerShell running in background.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell running in background.: I don't know why but PowerShell runs in the background...I reinstalled the windows many times but after a while it runs in the background. I'm very scared...I don't know what to do...I think I'm hacked or something...please help....
  6. A user logins when running in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A user logins when running in background: Hello, This has been bugging me quite for a few months now and I haven't found a solution for it. So there are 3 local users on PC. My dad(Admin right), Me (Owner), My brother (Local standard account). Everytime i login into my account or my dads account my brother account...
  7. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  8. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Network on User Login with Powershell.: Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change behavior when not at home. Depending on...
  9. Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Automate OneDrive 'User Login' Sign-in Process via Powershell: Hi, At the moment, when a user logs into a computer for the first time, OneDrive is running in the background as a process but doesn't appear in the foreground. When the 'grey cloud' icon in the system tray is clicked, the user is prompted to enter their email address to...
  10. VPNs that will not run in User login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPNs that will not run in User login: I stopped using one of the most highly rated and popular VPNs when the program changed and refused to run for any User. It would only run when an Admin was logged in. The program/service is Private Internet Access (PIA). I have always read that it is a good security practice...