Windows 10: Running Powershell for login of users

Discus and support Running Powershell for login of users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniel13djb, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Running Powershell for login of users

I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in silence mode.

Here is what I have and all it does is pull up powershell. What do I need to do to basically enter the text and press enter.

START %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingfinance* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *windowsphone* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *bingsports* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

:)

Daniel13djb, Feb 28, 2016

2. Remove Windows Apps for all users

Is there a way to remove the Windows Store App (Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove\AppxPackage) for all uses on a domain joined computer. I can run the powershell script for my login but when another user logs in, they have the store available.
    We have Windows 10 Pro machines. I would also like to remove the Mail app as well, again running the powershell script removes it for my login but not another users.

Carole Swenson, Feb 28, 2016
  3. No admistrator on computer

Try running the same command in PowerShell. Click the search in Windows and type in PowerShell, right click and run it as administrator. Then type the command to enable the admin account: net user administrator /active:yes

Reboot and see if the admin account is available in the login window.

Please let me know if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Running Powershell for login of users

1. Running Powershell for login of users - Similar Threads - Running Powershell login

2. Unable to get Powershell to run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get Powershell to run: I am having a real issue trying to get PowerShell to run. I keep getting an error message saying unable to find "Windows PowerShell.Ink" Can anyone explain what I need to do to get this working again? I would really like to know why it stopped working. Thank you...
  3. VPNs that will not run in User login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPNs that will not run in User login: I stopped using one of the most highly rated and popular VPNs when the program changed and refused to run for any User. It would only run when an Admin was logged in. The program/service is Private Internet Access (PIA). I have always read that it is a good security practice...
  4. Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator: Hi. So I've been searching online on a way to do this yet I cannot find a way to do it. _______________________________________ I need this in specific: I want to double click a PowerShell script file (which will run as an administrator) from Windows Explorer that has...
  5. Cannot login Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot login Windows PowerShell: I use Win 10, we use Office 365 account. I am GA. I cannot login PowerShell. Got the error: "import-possession : Files cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. Provide a valid certificate with which to sign the files." I tried another GA account...
  6. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Hi, I have three drives in my PC. Two of them are SSD's and the third one is a mechanical HDD. I like to optimize them using Powershell. However, as it stands now. I'm running the commands separately for each of my drive, i.e. 1.) Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim...
  7. Running Powershell for setting default programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Powershell for setting default programs: In the past I have had to go around to each computer and set the default programs. Is there a way to create a batch file to set default programs silently for each user that signs on? Like we would like to have Adobe Reader DC, Internet Explorer, and VLC player be the default...
  8. How to run batch file with powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to run batch file with powershell: I created a basic batch file that uses "net share" to share a local path. I saved the batch file. When I double click the file I get "access is denied"... note, I am logged on as a admin. Anyways... I figure it has to be run using power shell. I do not know much about...
  9. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Good job, @lx07. Of course, you had the benefit of knowing the OP wanted to run the same command on 3 targets. Had I been armed with that same information, I might have made that same suggestion, too. That's why we're better working together than working individually. --Ed--
  10. I can't run Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't run Windows PowerShell: Hey guys, can you help me? I can't run WIndows Powershell (even as admin or not), it say "C:\Users\ASUS K84L\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.lnk", [img] i try to run via directory and then windows say "This...