Windows 10: Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Discus and support Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stephenmc, Apr 9, 2016.

1. stephenmc Win User

Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it for other things, so I'm trying to install windows 7 onto a separate partition so that I can dual boot between the two. I downloaded a legit copy of windows 7 ISO and used Rufus 2.8 to make a boot disk out of a 16gig flash drive and I changed the boot order in my bios to read from removable drives first, but when I reboot, nothing happens, it just boots up windows 10. If I try to run the setup from the flash drive in windows 10, it starts but then says I need 692 MB of memory on the boot disk, even though the flash drive has 12 gigs free after putting the ISO file on it, and gives error 0x80070490. Is there any way I can get this to work?

:)

stephenmc, Apr 9, 2016

2. Why does my dvd writer not show up in Win10

I have a dual boot system running Win7 and Win10. I upgraded from win7 to win10, then installed win 7 on seperate drive. I have a LG Super-Multi GH24NS90 internal SATA DVD Rewriter, which works in win7 but is not visible in
    win 10. It is on the compatibility list as being compatible to win10 but does not show up in my device manager or windows explorer. It will not read any discs in win10. Any ideas?

SofaKingDeadly, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Apr 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Probably need to disable secure boot in bios.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2016
  5. stephenmc Win User
    I tried that and still no luck.

stephenmc, Apr 10, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    You need to invoke the "Boot Once" menu at the Splash screen.
    Might an FKey or ESC Key, check with your machine's manufacturer.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot - Similar Threads - Running Win10 install

2. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516
  3. Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Win 7 and Win10: Apologies if this is 'old hat'. I'm having trouble with win 10 (getting wifi working) and have a thread specifically on that subject already open. I'm in the position of installing win10 on my son's laptop and soon have to give it to him - but he lives 80 miles away. Win10...
  4. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
  5. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808
  6. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...
  7. inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives

inquiry about dual booting win10 and osx on seperate drives: Its my understanding this is much easier (even though i'd prefer the same drive) my set up is convoluted and complicated however. This is due to both my ssd drives being in raid 0 and having windows instealled on them, and my data hdd's are also in raid 0 but have nothing...
  8. Dual boot windows 10 and 7 on seperate drives

Dual boot windows 10 and 7 on seperate drives: I want to set up a dual boot system with windows 10 and 7. I have both already installed on separate drives in my desktop system and was wondering if it is still possible to set up a dual boot. Now I just switch boot priority in BIOS, but sometimes when I start up 7 it wants...
  9. How best to install Win 7=> 10 in dual boot with XP (seperate HDD)?

How best to install Win 7=> 10 in dual boot with XP (seperate HDD)?: I currently have a dual-boot system with Win XP on one hard drive and Win 7 on another hard drive. I am looking into upgrading the Win 7 drive to Win 10 sometime in the next month or two. (At current, on boot up, it gives me the option of booting into Win or selecting "old...
  10. want to go from dual boot 7 & 10 to one partition clean install of 10?

want to go from dual boot 7 & 10 to one partition clean install of 10?: want to go from dual boot 7 & 10 to one partition clean install of win 10? 30712