Windows 10: Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

Discus and support Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, First of all I would like to apologize about the topic, I know, that there are a lot of topics with the similar problem. I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Vasilev, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

Hey all, First of all I would like to apologize about the topic, I know, that there are a lot of topics with the similar problem. I have tried all the stuffs, that was explained there, but none of them helped me at all. I still have problem with the runtime broker, which uses a lot of CPU and so on, even if nothing is running on the computer. Because of it, when I close the laptop, it can't turn of by itself and still uses a lot of CPU, which will cause a problem one day... I know the idea of the application or whatever it is called (runtime broker) and it is supposed to take just a one or maximum two-three percentages of CPU, but it is not like that with me. I have tried this one:
    How to disable runtime broker on Windows 8 RTM - YouTube
    and as well to go in the registry and set some value from 3 to 4, I don't really remember the exact things, I just saw a topic in some forum about it and the people there said, that it works. BUT not really for me..
    I will add a screenshot of my task manager to see, what do I mean:

Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Daniel Vasilev, Aug 14, 2015

2. Runtime Broker high CPU usage

Does your music library include a network location, e.g. a shared folder on a server or on a NAS?

Robert de G., Aug 14, 2015
  3. Omidreza Win User
    Runtime Broker high CPU usage

Does your music library include a network location, e.g. a shared folder on a server or on a NAS?

No I don't have anything like that. My library is just a folder that contains music and none of the subfolders are shared.

Omidreza, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

Of all the fixes described in many posts on the internet, I could not find one to work. However, and I don't want to be premature, after installing KB3081444 and KB3081441, Runtime Broker is not hogging CPU time. This has proved true for several hours after installing the two updates I received and installed on 8/19/2015. Hope it holds true.

lagunasrfr, Aug 19, 2015
  5. If the KBs that lagunasrfr mentioned do not help, try this

Turn off those apps you do not want running in the background (I turned them all off, but you might want mail or some other apps to work behind the scenes).

Settings > System > Battery saver > Battery use > Change background app settings

This control might also be in
    Settings > Privacy > Background apps

Also turn off Settings > System > Offline maps (unless you want those updates).

I'm sure there are more settings - check Privacy (don't let apps use your camera or mic unless they need those)

Consider turning off Cortana and Not Search online ... web results

Slartybart, Aug 19, 2015
  6. I installed above updates at 3:00 pm today and it is now 8:45 pm. Haven't seen Runtime Broker. Have been running mix of programs and metro apps. Have not rebooted or restarted, but restart was done as part of the KB installations earlier. So it is now running with a restart after KB installation. CPU is running under at 3-5% now while I'm typing this. Will update this post tomorrow with status of CPU %.

lagunasrfr, Aug 19, 2015
  7. It's 9:30 am the day after installation of KB3081444 and KB3081441. After installation and reboot, high CPU usage by Runtime Broker stopped. Computer was left in Sleep overnight and did wake to run maintenance and scheduled tasks. I did a shutdown little while ago. After reboot, Runtime Broker continues to show as 0% in Task Manager and CPU load as I type is 3 to 4%. If I see any reversion to the high CPU usage of Runtime Broker, I will post, but I'm hopeful I will see no return.
    I

lagunasrfr, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

I would take a look and try to install the updates and hopefully it will work. Thank you for your answers.*Smile

Daniel Vasilev, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Ahm.. I am sorry for the stupid question, but I don't really know how to install the updates. Can someone give me a hint? Thanks in advance
    PS: I turned off all application that I don't use, but Runtime broker still uses the same percentages of CPU and I believe it goes even worst, than before.. I really reconsider to go back to Windows 7

Daniel Vasilev, Aug 22, 2015
  10. Bazz Win User
    Settings-Update & security

11. Thank you for your answer, I know about it, but it is written, Waiting to install and to few other waiting to download, but it doesn't download anything... It's staying at 8% for forever...

Daniel Vasilev, Aug 22, 2015
  12. Give it time. Sometimes takes a looong time.

lagunasrfr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

1. Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Runtime broker eats

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    runtime broker: Hello there , I disabled the runtime broker from the registry but still there are 3 processes running, rebooted also. note: I'm not use any windows apps and already disabled notifications and the "get tips from windows..." [ATTACH]...
  4. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker: Hey everyone, I don’t really need help just was curious. I saw 3-4 runtime broker processes running in my task manager and wanted to know if that’s typical. They use a very small amount of ram and I’ve done some googling and know what the process does but can’t find anything...
  5. Runtime Broker

in Cortana
    Runtime Broker: Hey! I've been having trouble running games recently. In this case, I've been trying to run Apex Legends and it runs fine until it freezes and I'm forced to hard reboot my pc. I've checked Reliability History and this it what it shows: Source Runtime Broker Summary...
  6. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  7. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  8. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Broker: Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp...
  9. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301
  10. Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU: Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost all CPU-time. Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process. Tried different suggestions but it still keeps starting. E.g. disabling time broker service. Problem still occurs for some reason. Please help with how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove music runtime broker lot of resources

2. windows 10 runtime broker eats up cpu