Windows 10: Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors

Discus and support Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running the latest updated version of Win 10. I get multiple 'runtime brokers running', but they never end. Also MSN itself is using too much cpu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RICHM343, Jul 23, 2018.

1. RICHM343 Win User

Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors

Running the latest updated version of Win 10. I get multiple 'runtime brokers running', but they never end. Also MSN itself is using too much cpu and then it stops. Eventually it coms back with a message, 'problem with this webpage, msn resetting'. It goes back to original screen where the error occurred.

Anyone else having these problems with MSN and runtime broker?

:)

RICHM343, Jul 23, 2018

2. Runtime Broker high CPU usage

FWIW, I have had RunTime Broker constantly using 25+ percent of my I5. I've only noticed when running the Microsoft Solitaire app. If that app is running, RunTime Broker just sits at 25+% CPU and stays there until the app is stopped. Even when the app is
    minimized and dormant RunTime Broker keeps running at 25+% CPU. The only workaround is to pause the RunTime Broker after each deal. The game then operates fine until a deal is needed. I then have to resume it and then pause it again after the deal.

I do NOT let the app log me onto X-Box which I am guessing may be why I haven't seen a lot of posts about this. The app is so persistent at trying to get you to log on, I suspect most people just give up and do that.

Hoosier.Daddy, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Runtime Broker high CPU usage

I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 1511 for x64, update KB3149135) and had problems with Runtime Broker.exe using anywhere from 30% to 90% of my CPU. Disabling hints and removing OneDrive did not help me, but I found the advice in this article helpful.
    I used the PowerShell commands as admin and uninstalled all of the suggested apps save the windows store. Not sure which one finally did it but I don't really care as long as I'm not running at 50 degrees Celsius constantly.

Here is the URL: Fix the Runtime Broker High CPU Usage Error - Windows 10

BlaineBradford, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors

Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

I've done as you directed. I hit end task on Runtime Broker. I took me a while to find the troubleshooter that was located in the control panel section. I ran the troubleshooter and it says it could not find any problems. After a while the runtime broker
    program started back up after ending task.

Windows10XboxOne, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors

1. Runtime broker never ends and MSN constantly using too much CPU, then getting website errors - Similar Threads - Runtime broker never

2. MSN censorship too much?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN censorship too much?: I'm getting really irritated with trying to comment on MSN. The censorship is insane. People on there will preach endlessly about the Bible or say horrible things, but words like "you", "they", "the" or even responding to an article by talking about the article in question is...
  3. Runtime Broker Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker Error: Hello, please help! Downloaded Minesweeper from the Microsoft store, and then after playing a few games, closed the game app, but now this error appears. What do I do to fix this? Thank you!...
  4. Runtime Broker error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runtime Broker error: Hi All, My Toshiba Qosmio F750 is no longer responsive. After widows boots, I can perform no functions, including accessing the start menu or cmd prompt. I get a runtime brocker error as attached. [IMG][IMG]I have booted into repair mode and tried to reinstall as well as...
  5. Runtime Broker error

Runtime Broker error: Hi, This morning when I check on the Reliability Monitor from my HP laptop, I discover the following error. It's described below: [ATTACH] Can this type of error harm my computer or Windows 10? I wonder what is is....
  6. Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU

Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU: So I have had this issue for a little while now. It showed up in the CPU usage graph of Afterburner hardware monitor, which I have running on my gaming PC at all times to keep tabs on my system. This CPU graph would be at 5% for a couple of seconds, and then go up to 30% for...
  7. runtime broker error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    runtime broker error: when I open setting in windows 10 I get an error saying the group of resourses is not in correct state to perform the operation what to do I cant acces my setting?...
  8. Runtime Broker using high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker using high memory and cpu usage: after upgrading to windows 10 my laptop fan always working fast ... when i checked this issue, i see runtime broker in task manager with high resourse usage ... when i click on end task, everything be normal... but runtime broker run itselft immediately ... i googled this...
  9. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...
  10. Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU: Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost all CPU-time. Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process. Tried different suggestions but it still keeps starting. E.g. disabling time broker service. Problem still occurs for some reason. Please help with how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msn using too much cpu