Windows 10: RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

Discus and support RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DreamC, Apr 30, 2018.

1. DreamC Win User

RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it), the system process RuntimeBroker (now it is called Shell Integration Host in 1803 update) starts consuming a lot of RAM - around 100-150 MB per opened image. So after opening like 10 images, this process eats 1GB+ of RAM. If I continue opening images, then after some time this process will crash and take down Photos down too.

I wanted to ask if I'm the only one with such a behavior? If somebody else could try replicating this issue?
    Thanks in advance!

:)

DreamC, Apr 30, 2018
  2. Russel[] Win User

Shell Infrastructure Host has been using about 50% cpu usage and total cpu usage is 100%

Hello, im using a windows 10 laptop, and i restored it to a previous system restore point. Since then Shell Infrastructure Host has been using about 50% cpu usage and total cpu usage is 100%. How can i resolve this issue? Restarting has not helped.

OP - Shell Infrastructure Host high cpu

Russel[], Apr 30, 2018
  3. RER3 Win User
    Windows 10 start button not working, shell infastructure host with high cpu usage

After continued research looking to resolve what appears to be my last issue, the shell infrastructure host process grabbing high cpu, I have found the following. It now appears to me that something at startup is not completing successfully causing this
    the shell process to churn along. When I stop this task it restarts to 0% cpu usage and my pc appears to be functioning as normal. Is there a way to start the pc executing a single process at a time to see what seems to be causing the shell process to chug.

Thema:

RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

1. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage - Similar Threads - RuntimeBroker Shell Infrastructure

2. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...
  3. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Infrastructure Host High CPU Usage: Hello all,Currently running into some issues with Shell Infrastructure Host sitting at 50% cpu usage. I have uninstalled the photos app and run maintenance tasks. Have also tried scanning for corrupt system files. Due to the usage of the pc, I will be unable to restart it for...
  5. Shell Infrastructure Host High CPU Usage

Shell Infrastructure Host High CPU Usage: Hello all,Currently running into some issues with Shell Infrastructure Host sitting at 50% cpu usage. I have uninstalled the photos app and run maintenance tasks. Have also tried scanning for corrupt system files. Due to the usage of the pc, I will be unable to restart it for...
  6. Shell Infrastructure Host High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Shell Infrastructure Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  8. Shell Infrastructure Host

Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  9. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM: From one of the lasts updates of W10, The Shell Infrastructure Host is using more and more RAM for each pictures opened, look like each pictures add ~40 to ~60 Mo in the memory tab in the task manager, and the thing is that it's keeping it utile i restart my pc. idk if it's...
  10. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shell infrastructure host

2. shell infrastructure host high ram after sleep

3. windows 10 shell infrastructure host