Windows 10: Russian font display problem

Discus and support Russian font display problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with Russian font display. Some websites have a wrong font display or maybe it's unicode problem. I tried on both Microsoft edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElizavetaSS, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Russian font display problem

I have a problem with Russian font display. Some websites have a wrong font display or maybe it's unicode problem. I tried on both Microsoft edge and Google Chrome. I had chinese installation so maybe it's causing problem. I tried to change a system locale to Russian for non-unicode programs but it still has the same display problem.

:)

ElizavetaSS, Aug 12, 2018
  2. prashrul Win User

Need n97 russian fonts..

hello people... i bought nokia n97 recently from india with english fonts.... but i want russian fonts on my mobile as i have to use russian fonts in russia where i study..... can u plz tell me ...wher shall i get those fonts and maybe russian dictionary
    too..... THANX

prashrul, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Program Language is not displayed

Hi Daniyar_87kz,

I understand how frustrating it can be for your laptop not being able to display the Russian language properly. All Windows 10 editions include fonts that provide broad language support, and the Windows platform includes font fallback mechanisms designed
    to ensure that text in any language always displays with legible glyphs rather than boxes. But some apps may take direct dependencies on particular fonts for displaying certain Unicode characters and do not utilize the font fallback mechanisms provided by
    Windows. In some cases, these apps have taken direct dependencies on fonts that are not present by default on all Windows 10 systems. Because the font that the app is trying to use is not present on the system, some other font gets used to display the text
    instead, and that font may not support all of the characters being displayed. When a character is displayed using a font that doesn’t support that character, a default “not defined” glyph from that font is used. The “not defined” glyph in most fonts has the
    appearance of a rectangular box, or some variation of that. Let's try fixing this together. Adding Russian language and font to your computer would be our first step. To do this, follow the steps below:

• From the Start menu, open Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Select Add a language.
    • Select the Russian language.

If the issue persists, lets try changing the language for non-Unicode programs. Here are the steps:

• From the Start menu, open Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Select Additional date, time, & regional settings.
    • Select Change location.

• Select Administrative.
    • Click on Change system locale...
    • Select Russian.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your PC.

Update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Russian font display problem

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Russian font display problem

1. Russian font display problem - Similar Threads - Russian font display

2. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf invoice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf invoice: Chinese fonts display problem in pdf filehi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in...
  3. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  4. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  5. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  7. Font display

Font display: Working on a presentation in PowerPoint. Downloaded fonts appear in the drop down list in PowerPoint but do not display when added to text in the presentation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-display/177e295d-3b26-461e-bc87-87b844f51a95
  8. Font Display

Font Display: How do I get windows to allow the correct graphic display of fonts that are not in its standard library of fonts. The fonts in particular are Balloon Bd BT, Balloon Lt BT, and Balloon XBt BT. The Font selector says "This is a scalable printer font. The screen image may...
  9. Display Font

Display Font: So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol). So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I...
  10. Font installation problem. It won't display.

in Windows 10 Support
    Font installation problem. It won't display.: Hi, I downloaded a True-Type font that was created by a user. However, when i tried to install it, I first could not open it in Adobe Illustrator.. I think it was Illustrator. However, later, when selecting fonts used with foreign languages, I was able to use it. It seems...