Windows 10: Safe mode problem

Discus and support Safe mode problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I set my settings in msconfig to boot into safe mode. I have now logged into the desktop whilst in safe mode and I notice hardly anything shows. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Feb 5, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

Safe mode problem

I set my settings in msconfig to boot into safe mode. I have now logged into the desktop whilst in safe mode and I notice hardly anything shows. The only icon in the system bar is the notification center, cortana bar shows but does nothing when you click on the bar and the start menu icon which does nothing. This is obviously a bug with windows 10 safe mode but now I'm not sure how to get a restart into normal mode.
    Help please

:)

jamos316, Feb 5, 2015

2. Safe mode problem

I have had this safe mode problem with my windows 10 computer. I am not able to fix it and it cannot be connected to mthe eternet. everyone I try to open ANY app it says this app cannot be opened which includes the setting/control panel. The last thing I
    did with my computer is downloading a few app. The only thing I can open is file explorer. I have tried a various of method including to run scopel.msc and other stuff and I have also restarted my computer a lot . I hope there is a way to fix it.I among windows
    10 desktop. I believed that I accidentally downloaded some virus or something into mycomouter. I really wish that someone can help me.

helpmepleaseasap_917, Feb 5, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Safe mode problem

Why would you think this is a bug? Safe mode disables all but the very basic of OS features, which would include Cortana and what not.. if anything, the bug would be that Cortana is even showing at all.

If you mean that the start menu doesn't work, this Is probably a transitionary thing because the start menu is not quite done yet... You can get back out of this by doing ctrl-alt-del and then running task manager, the file->run new task and run msconfig and then turn safe mode off.

Mystere, Feb 5, 2015
  5. jamos316 Win User
    thankyou, am out of safe mode now.
    i think its a bug not just because of cortana disabled because of the system tray only displaying the notification center icon and the start menu not working

jamos316, Feb 5, 2015
  6. Word Man Win User
    Thanks for this!

I had a moment of panic this morning when I booted into safe mode and I only had keyboard and touchscreen operational. Couldn't figure out how to navigate back to msconfig and get the damn thing back into normal mode!

My panic workaround was to attach a USB Logitech Mouse so I could right click and Run msconfig... big sigh of relief that the mouse worked OK.

I should have known better than to paint myself into a corner like that but now I see from your post I could have navigated to that from task manager.

Good stuff.*Smile

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Safe mode problem

1. Safe mode problem - Similar Threads - Safe mode problem

2. Problem booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem booting in safe mode: Hello I have a dell laptop running windows 10 it was running really slow so I run the repair utility on it and now it won’t start it keeps looping to the repair utility I really need to boot it up just to get data off it please help...
  3. Problems in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems in safe mode: Hi, I am having problems with explorer.exe crashing in safe mode and my main login. I created an extra admin profile which works fine. So my question is, what is running in safe mode that isn't running in the new user profile I created? If I find this out then I can...
  4. Safe mode problem

Safe mode problem: When I try to safe Mode my HP laptop I get a ring noise after I press F8 and it goes into Undoing changes made to your computer. Can any one help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-problem/aad6e31f-63e2-48b1-9291-44ba3d8605b8
  5. Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Problem: so i was following a ddu tutorial and i put a command into cmd prompt in order to reboot into safe mode. now whenever my computer turns on, it reboots in safe mode. the problem is, it always says my password is incorrect. also it doesnt let me use my pin when im signing into...
  6. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  7. Safe mode problem (no input)

Safe mode problem (no input): I tried using DDU to remove my drivers and there was an option to go into safe mode that people said to use but ever since I did that option and it restarted, my pc has a black screen that you get when there is no input, I believe I need to get out of safe mode but I’m not...
  8. safe mode problem

in Cortana
    safe mode problem: hello, I have problem with my system, when I use the safe mode I notice that the search bar and Cortana don't respond to commands and I can't write at first I thought that the keyboard is disabled but it works well with run bar . With Cortana there is a dialog box that...
  9. Safe Mode problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode problems.: So i have a problem while using safe mode. My keyboard is't working so i can't write to search anything in my PC. Expect for some reason my keyboard does work in browser which is pretty weird. Mouse works perfectly. Also a lot of settings are "disabled" for example i can't...
  10. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode problem: I booted into safe mode and it is not functioning. So I can't get to msconfig to uncheck safe mode boot. Is there a way to access the advanced boot menu before booting into Windows? Used to be F8 but doesn't seem to work in windows 10. Help please 4046