Windows 10: Safe Mode Reboot

Discus and support Safe Mode Reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by coyoteboy, Dec 2, 2017.

1. coyoteboy Win User

Safe Mode Reboot

Hi
    Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a career with Bell Canada... in a variety of installation/repair/central office then sales marketing and consulting to outside business on network after training at AT&T longlines in Cincinnati
    On a personal not I have been doing a wide range of wildlife and habitat work as Pres of a small volunteer group working with wildlife monitoring surveys, building erecting and maintaining hundreds of Duck, Owl and other bird nesting boxes and working with endangered species including amphibians but last 15 years been the primary resource for this part of Ontario for implementing a Bear Wise program and educating public at over 225 Presentations to over 5000 attendees using information from leading Black Bear experts including Dr Lynn Rogers of Ely Mn. So on to my problem

I upgraded my Think Pad (that I am using to do this post) and my Gateway desktop to Win 10 when they had the free upgrade from Win 7 on both machines.. Gotta tell you, I am clinging to the edge of the technilogical pool just trying to do all the basic stuff.

So last week my Gateway Win 10 desktop went 'Wonky" (most technical term I know) It wouldn't boot after several attempts and just before that a USB warning had come up when I was viewing SD card from my Bushnell Trail Cam .

I did some Googling and tried several times to boot to safe mode/networking and used F8 which got me to the safe mod screen but not sure what I did next but it finally rebooted but opened as Win & Home Premium (my pre Win 10 system)

Been trying to find a map to help me recover my Win 10 but got too frustrated as I am now beyond my comfort level of knowing what to do next...

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

:)

coyoteboy, Dec 2, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

safe mode reboot

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How many user account are there in your system?
    • Which account are you using? is it Admin account or standard account?
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2017
  3. safe mode reboot

Hi,

thanks for quick response. to answer your questions:

• one account only
    • my account (only account)
    • administrative account (my account)
    took your advice set up new account, did not get the "getting started can not be opened..." message. however, again can not reboot safe mode with networking.

one quick question for you. does my pc need to be "hard wired" (ethernet connected) to access networking in safe mode? i don't recall having to do so with windows 7 o/s. (got hijacked by trovi search engine requiring remote assistance, and did not have to
    connect via ethernet to pc to resolve ). thanks,

JD

jon d'orsi, Dec 2, 2017
  4. coyoteboy Win User

Safe Mode Reboot

Sorry I miss typed hit the cap Problem is when reboot from safe mode using F8 my Win 10 opened as my prev Win7 How do I get back to my Win 10...?

coyoteboy, Dec 2, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    @coyoteboy

Hello, Jim. Welcome to Windows TenForums. Interesting history you have. My oldest brother retired from AT&T, Chicago. Glad to see you work with nature. Our greatest asset. *Smile

So far as your problem, I'll see if administration will move this to a proper thread so to get help. In the mean time, please fill out more of your system specs in order to help you better.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials

Tony K, Dec 3, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    New member looking for help, so bump.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Safe Mode Reboot

1. Safe Mode Reboot - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Reboot

2. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  3. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  4. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no signal after unplugging and rebooting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no signal after unplugging and rebooting in safe mode: So I unplugged my pc and plugged it back in and when I started my pc and played games it got about 6fps. I red online that booting it into safe mode may fix the problem so I did and when i rebooted it in safe mode I just got a black screen. So after waiting about 7min I just...
  6. Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode

Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode: Hello, I want to try and boot my computer into safe mode to check for any possible malware, but I cannot because it says I need a BitLocker key. When I set up my Windows almost 2 years ago, I don't remember if it gave me the BitLocker key code or not, so I don't have any on...
  7. Can't access to safe mode through reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access to safe mode through reboot: Hello i can't start my laptot Acer Spire Nitro as he stopped reconizing the mouse and keyboard both integrated and external after the launch, so i can even go further then the PIN screen. I tried to reboot it into safe mode to check the drivers, but when i launch it in...
  8. BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode: Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit - Went to shut down laptop last night 12 May around 11:30 UT and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart. Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting...
  9. Black screen after reboot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after reboot into safe mode: Whilst preparing to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU, I decided to put my PC into safe mode before uninstalling my old GPU drivers switching from nVidia to AMD, didn't want to risk any conflicts. Went into config and selected reboot in safe mode, and clicked restart...
  10. Cannot reboot to get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reboot to get to safe mode: Need to reboot to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cannot-reboot-to-get-to-safe-mode/daf5089b-968f-4cbd-94ea-75a03076d82f