Windows 10: Safe Mode screen unusable..bliinks continually

Discus and support Safe Mode screen unusable..bliinks continually in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Entering safe mode from Settings/Recovery in Anniv. Update. Choosing either with or without networking produces same result. Black screen with "safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Kupuna Win User

Safe Mode screen unusable..bliinks continually

Entering safe mode from Settings/Recovery in Anniv. Update. Choosing either with or without networking produces same result. Black screen with "safe mode" in each corner. The entire screen blinks (reloads?) about twice a second. Mouse is unusable. Forced shutdown needed to escape from screen.
    Really need safe mode for troubleshooting. Any help?

:)

Kupuna, Jan 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 Upgrade (Flashing Screen Issues)

I updated to Win10 and loved it- however, there was a recent update that caused my screen to flash and tile/pixel continuously, making this PC unusable. Not sure what to do. It does not happen in safe mode- however, once out of safe mode, it's pretty
    continuous. I have removed everything that I thought it could be on my PC, run a virus scan (only 1 virus s/w app on the pc) and it it still happening. Any other ideas?? Thank you.

VickiBroman, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Paint Shop Pro Photo x2 Ultimate

Could you try in Safe Mode?

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 21, 2017
  4. smirk24 Win User

smirk24, Jan 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Safe Mode screen unusable..bliinks continually - Similar Threads - Safe Mode screen

2. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  3. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  4. Safe mode & screen issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode & screen issues: Hi I have been having an issue with my laptop screen where the top of the page shows at the bottom as well under the black task bar. I tried a few different ways fix this following guides and even wiped the laptop and re-installed windows but nothing worked. It's still...
  5. Fairly New HP AIO Unusable unless in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fairly New HP AIO Unusable unless in Safe Mode: Hello tenforum wizards. I'm back again with a new bsod issue on a new AIO. I can't really track the start of the BSODs to an event like an update or new software install, and I can't use the computer at all unless I'm in safe mode. I tried to install the new windows feature...
  6. Blue screen and no safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen and no safe mode: Good day i was trying to install Avast antivirus and my PC showed the blue screen error and it restarted but saying diagonising then repairing but after its done and reboots it shows the blue screen again. I’ve tried to enter safe mode but it goes back to the blue screen...
  7. Big screen in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big screen in safe mode: I loaded up sage mode and everything is big and i cant get out of safe mode. Any help would accepted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-screen-in-safe-mode/125e91d7-7d5b-4a6f-b6be-1ec10d33961c
  8. Safe Mode and screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Safe Mode and screen resolution: If I go into safe mode, it always uses a lower screen resolution (and wrong aspect ratio) than is possible with the basic video driver that is used by safe mode, and the resolution may be changed back to the optimum manually. Is there any way to set the screen resolution...
  9. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...
  10. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: so yesterday I noticed that there was some sort of malware file popping up on my pc, so I decided to run msconfig to start the computer in safe mode and run malwarebytes to remove the malware. my computer restarted and the lights on the tower turned on just like normal,...