Windows 10: Safe Mode ?

Discus and support Safe Mode ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Have a 2 yr old Dell desktop with all sorts of problems. The only thing that works on booting up is the repeating press of F12. No orher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Safe Mode ?

Hello,
    Have a 2 yr old Dell desktop with all sorts of problems.

The only thing that works on booting up is the repeating press of F12.
    No orher F key works.

Any way of getting into Safe Mode via F12, or... ?

Thanks,
    R.

:)

Robert11, Dec 22, 2017

2. Safe mode, or not safe mode

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, that the operation of the function keys are as set by the manufacturer, and it differs depending up on the manufacturer.

You may press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart to boot into Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking. So that, after you restart you will boot into normal mode.

If you start your computer with Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking using System Configuration, it will boot into the same mode after you restart.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 22, 2017
  3. dlma Win User
    Safe mode, or not safe mode

First of all, Microsoft had us using the F8 key for years and over many operating systems, now they change it again (F4 or F5)!!! Do they know how frustrating this is??? If you boot once in safe mode, you'll see safe mode displayed in the corners of the
    screen. If you reboot again into safe mode, you don't know if you're in safe mode or not. I couldn't figure out if I was in safe mode or safe mode with networking. And, then I had to jump through more hoops (using msconfig) to get into normal mode.

4. spunk Win User

Safe Mode ?

Press F2 to enter Setup (Bios) Under System Information it will list all of the hardware, is your HDD listed? Go to the Security section, if you have Secure Boot or Fast Boot Enabled, using your Arrow and Enter key to Disable it. Press the ESC key to Save and Exit. Also, if you press F12 at bootup, do the Diagnostics to test your HDD. If the test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.
    To Enter Safe Mode, hold down the Shift key and restart the computer. You may have to do this 3 times in a row to get the Advanced Boot Menu and choose Safe Mode. If the HDD has failed, you will not be able to enter Safe Mode.

*Arrow Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

spunk, Dec 22, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    If none of the options above help, or you can not boot into Windows to use Advanced Startup:

Safe Mode ? [​IMG]

You can hard crash the boot process 3 times in a row, by pressing and holding your PCs power button after starting the PC after POST but before it starts Windows(when the spinning circle starts).
    After the 3rd time it will automatically try to boot repair, and want go into advanced startup.

Cliff S, Dec 23, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
  8. Safe Mode ?

Hi Robert.

Since this is a desktop and it looks like you maybe in the market to get a new device...

Unplug the desktop from the wall. Open the case. You will see a coin size battery on the motherboard. If you are careful you should be able to remove this. It has a plus and minus side so note how itis installed. Wait a minute and re-install.

When you boot the F2 should take you into the bios. It might force you into BIOS to set date and time.

Not sure if you ever got your data off. The forum can help you get your data or you can just clean install. (This may result in black screen again but you have posts on how to resolve or when can help.)

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Safe Mode ?

1. Safe Mode ? - Similar Threads - Safe Mode

2. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my computer will not start in a normal mode. Thereafter,...
  3. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  4. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  5. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  6. I can’t boot up safe mode

I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  7. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  8. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  9. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  10. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....