Windows 10: Safe mode

Discus and support Safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vietvet7071, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Safe mode

I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad.

:)

vietvet7071, Mar 28, 2018

2. Safe mode, or not safe mode

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, that the operation of the function keys are as set by the manufacturer, and it differs depending up on the manufacturer.

You may press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart to boot into Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking. So that, after you restart you will boot into normal mode.

If you start your computer with Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking using System Configuration, it will boot into the same mode after you restart.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 28, 2018
  3. dlma Win User
    Safe mode, or not safe mode

First of all, Microsoft had us using the F8 key for years and over many operating systems, now they change it again (F4 or F5)!!! Do they know how frustrating this is??? If you boot once in safe mode, you'll see safe mode displayed in the corners of the
    screen. If you reboot again into safe mode, you don't know if you're in safe mode or not. I couldn't figure out if I was in safe mode or safe mode with networking. And, then I had to jump through more hoops (using msconfig) to get into normal mode.

4. Steve C Win User

Safe mode

There is no reason for Safe Mode to do this. You could have tried running chkdsk /f from a repair disk before trying the system restore.

Steve C, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Jaxon Win User
    Hi,
    The cause might be something else. Safe mode launches only basic programs of Windows. If it is a software issue in safe mode, even after exiting from safe mode the issue should exist.

Jaxon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Safe mode

1. Safe mode - Similar Threads - Safe mode

2. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  3. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  4. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  5. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  6. User disappeared after enabling safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User disappeared after enabling safe mode: I was accessing the hidden administrator cdm through enabling safe mode via restart. However my personal user profile has stopped appearing at the login page when entered into safe mode. This has still been the case after exiting to normal mode.I have attempted to perform a...
  7. User disappeared after enabling safe mode

User disappeared after enabling safe mode: I was accessing the hidden administrator cdm through enabling safe mode via restart. However my personal user profile has stopped appearing at the login page when entered into safe mode. This has still been the case after exiting to normal mode.I have attempted to perform a...
  8. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll tur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll tur: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turN but not mouse keyboard and display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/7121c677-b633-43ec-822b-b2f3d10650f7
  9. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db
  10. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db