Windows 10: Safe mode

Discus and support Safe mode in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lelandaholland, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Safe mode

I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a file containing error information has been created at C:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. I locate the file but there is noting in it. Also, I did not install BitDefender on my machine. HOw can I boot to safe mode, and what is this BitDefender and how can I get ride of it. It does not show up as a program to uninstall.

:)

lelandaholland, Feb 13, 2018

2. Safe mode, or not safe mode

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, that the operation of the function keys are as set by the manufacturer, and it differs depending up on the manufacturer.

You may press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart to boot into Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking. So that, after you restart you will boot into normal mode.

If you start your computer with Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking using System Configuration, it will boot into the same mode after you restart.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 13, 2018
  3. dlma Win User
    Safe mode, or not safe mode

First of all, Microsoft had us using the F8 key for years and over many operating systems, now they change it again (F4 or F5)!!! Do they know how frustrating this is??? If you boot once in safe mode, you'll see safe mode displayed in the corners of the
    screen. If you reboot again into safe mode, you don't know if you're in safe mode or not. I couldn't figure out if I was in safe mode or safe mode with networking. And, then I had to jump through more hoops (using msconfig) to get into normal mode.

4. dmholt57 Win User

Safe mode

The bitdefender error is a glitch with Spybot Search and Destroy. Easy way to get to safe mode is using msconfig.msc

dmholt57, Feb 13, 2018
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Which version of Spybot S&D do you have? Long ago, I've finally let go of both version 1.6x and 2.x -- and I also had that error for some time before letting 'em go.

RolandJS, Feb 13, 2018
  6. I have now uninstalled Spybot and I am now able to get into safemode.

lelandaholland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Safe mode

1. Safe mode - Similar Threads - Safe mode

2. Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes when in lockscreen but i am able to boot into safe mode: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2IYm3aBYT3uKQiIjgI_nwKArXCIZzMF/view?usp=sharing (video) Hey everyone i own a dell inspiron 7567 laptop over the past couple of months i have been having trouble with my laptop's gaming performance So naturally after weeks of talking...
  3. My Inspiron 15 7000 is locked in safe mode

My Inspiron 15 7000 is locked in safe mode: I recently cleaned and optimized my laptop to be able to play while I'm on vacation for a month. It is a 1050 i5 compilation and it was not working in the best way, so I thought that reinstalling the graphics card driver was a good idea. I used DDU and did not read the...
  4. Won't start in safe mode on windows 10

Won't start in safe mode on windows 10: Computer won't accept password. Gone through the procedure for starting in safe mode but after getting to pressing F5, nothing happens, back to same problem not accepting password, anybody got a solution?...
  5. My Inspiron 15 7000 is stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Inspiron 15 7000 is stuck in Safe Mode: I recently cleaned and optimized my laptop to be able to game while I’m on vacation for a month. It’s a 1050 i5 build and it wasn’t performing the best, so I thought reinstalling the graphics card driver was a good idea. I used DDU and didn’t read the warnings about the...
  6. Can't remember Account password to run System Restore in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't remember Account password to run System Restore in Safe Mode: As per the description in the subject line, I can't find a way to recover the account password for my system to enable system restore to run in safe mode. I have a laptop/pc running the latest version of Windows 10. So far, I've tried all my passwords which don't work, incl:...
  7. safe mode in windows 10.

safe mode in windows 10.: I can not start safe mode in windows 10. how do I repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-in-windows-10/35728612-9d91-470f-81c6-236d03ce6cc6
  8. Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10: My Acer PC has stopped working today, with error ‘default boot device missing or boot failed’ showing. I have attempted to activate automatic repair, access safe mode, and access advanced boot options, but the commands that Google tells me (alt+F10 for auto repair, F8 for...
  9. Windows 10 Pro freezes randomly, only power off helps, works fine in Safe Mode, does not...

Windows 10 Pro freezes randomly, only power off helps, works fine in Safe Mode, does not...: Hello. I recently bought a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro x64 PL. After logging in computer freezes randomly after 1, 5 sometimes 10 minutes. Mouse cursor and keyboard are not responding. Only power off is possible. However it works fine in Safe Mode with...
  10. Stuck in Safe Mode no Internet can’t do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in Safe Mode no Internet can’t do anything: Okay, so I tried to reset in safe mode because my drivers werent working correctly, but instead of asking for my pin, it asks for my password. It says that my password is wrong. Additionally restarting doesnt get me out of safe mode, safe mode with networking doesnt give me...