Windows 10: Safe mode

Discus and support Safe mode in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lelandaholland, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Safe mode

I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a file containing error information has been created at C:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. I locate the file but there is noting in it. Also, I did not install BitDefender on my machine. HOw can I boot to safe mode, and what is this BitDefender and how can I get ride of it. It does not show up as a program to uninstall.

:)

lelandaholland, Feb 13, 2018

2. Safe mode, or not safe mode

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, that the operation of the function keys are as set by the manufacturer, and it differs depending up on the manufacturer.

You may press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart to boot into Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking. So that, after you restart you will boot into normal mode.

If you start your computer with Safe mode\Safe Mode with Networking using System Configuration, it will boot into the same mode after you restart.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 13, 2018
  3. dlma Win User
    Safe mode, or not safe mode

First of all, Microsoft had us using the F8 key for years and over many operating systems, now they change it again (F4 or F5)!!! Do they know how frustrating this is??? If you boot once in safe mode, you'll see safe mode displayed in the corners of the
    screen. If you reboot again into safe mode, you don't know if you're in safe mode or not. I couldn't figure out if I was in safe mode or safe mode with networking. And, then I had to jump through more hoops (using msconfig) to get into normal mode.

4. dmholt57 Win User

Safe mode

The bitdefender error is a glitch with Spybot Search and Destroy. Easy way to get to safe mode is using msconfig.msc

dmholt57, Feb 13, 2018
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Which version of Spybot S&D do you have? Long ago, I've finally let go of both version 1.6x and 2.x -- and I also had that error for some time before letting 'em go.

RolandJS, Feb 13, 2018
  6. I have now uninstalled Spybot and I am now able to get into safemode.

lelandaholland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Safe mode

1. Safe mode - Similar Threads - Safe mode

2. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  3. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  4. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  6. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  7. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  8. Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode

Selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode: I am trying to clean install windows 11 from usb and got stuck with Other Users sign in Screen. image attachedThen I am trying to bypass this by following the youtube link attached to try going into safe mode but selecting F4 or 4 will not let me access Safe mode.It just...
  9. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...
  10. Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.

Can't boot, not even in safe mode after last update.: After the last update I was having constant usb device errors. One was for a logitech camera but the others I believe were for a card reader installed in my case. I tried disabling the devices but I kept getting the errors. I also disabled USB root hub because I saw a...