Windows 10: Safe Services Configurations?

Discus and support Safe Services Configurations? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jaxel Win User

Safe Services Configurations?

I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like to know if I've done anything unsafe, and if there are other services I can safely disable.

• AllJoyn Router Service - supposedly disables Miracast, except it still works for me.
    • BranchCache
    • Certificate Propogation
    • Distributed Link Tracking Coordinator - hurts ability to "share" files.
    • Downloaded Maps Manager
    • ​Geolocation Service
    • HomeGroup Listener
    • HomeGroup Provider
    • Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    • IP Helper
    • Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
    • Netlogon
    • Offline Files
    • Print Spooler
    • Peer Name Resolution Protocol
    • Peer Networking Grouping
    • Peer Networking Identity Manager
    • Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    • Remote Access Connection Manager
    • Remote Desktop Configuration
    • Remote Desktop Services
    • Remote Registry
    • Retail Demo Service
    • Routing and Remote Access
    • Secondary Logon
    • Server - disables ability to "share" files.
    • Shell Hardware Detection - disables autoplay, and increases security against rootkits.
    • Smartcard
    • SNMP Trap
    • Storage Service
    • Superfetch
    • Telephony
    • Windows Backup
    • Windows Error Reporting Service
    • Windows Image Acquisition
    • Windows Remote Management
    • Workstation - hurts ability to "share" files.

What are the following services:

• CDPSvc

:)

Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015

2. No Audio

When I restart in Safe Mode, the Audio Service isn't started. Troubleshooter is unable to start the Audio Service while in safe mode

Covert Knifing, Jul 31, 2015
  3. I just worngly disable some of my services then I can't open all of software in Administrative Tools such as Task Manager, Computer Manager, Service.msc and etc. So can I enable it back?Help me plzzz

Boot into Safe Mode and use System Restore to roll back to a time before you turned off the services *or* just change the services back to how they were manually while in safe mode.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Safe Services Configurations?

Nice setup, I have been trying to figure out the right setup for the past 2 weeks.
    I let Windows Error Reporting Service on for the time being, 10 sure needs it. *Cool

Even when you have Location disabled, this one is needed for some store apps.
    Maybe even to the MS login, do not remember, tested on Weather app back then.
    But currently it is not running, set to Manual and everything works, needs more testing.

Required for Microsoft login, to the store, essentially to the MS account.
    Once you are logged in, you do not need it, but it can still cause troubles.

Note: Windows Firewall service is required for store to install/update, even when it is disabled.
    Distributed Link Tracking Client is required for links, like Settings or Windows Update Shortcut

WARNING: Use REG file at your OWN risk, it can break Windows in ways, you can not even imagine.

My settings for 10 along with services: [REG] Windows 10 - Pastebin.com
    Do not recommend to use all of it, still have some problems with it. *Sleepy

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Jaxel Win User
    Hmm... I've tried to re-enable the Geolocation Service, but it gives me the following error:

Safe Services Configurations? [​IMG]

Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Yeah, had the same problem, I have eventually reinstalled, so not sure, what caused it.
    10 sure has a lot of dependencies, like disabling DiagLog disables Diagnostic Policy Service.
    The hell with 10 and migrating system applications like Control Panel to store shell, worst idea ever.

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Jaxel Win User
    Also, what is
    • Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00?

Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Safe Services Configurations?

When you want to change some configuration via reg file, instead of doing it manually.
    It can be done via bat or other ways as well. Like this disables Superfetch service:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysMain]
    "Start"=dword:00000004

or using a command like this, when not in bat file, you can put it into cmd as admin:

sc config SysMain start= disabled > NUL 2>&1

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Safe Services Configurations?

1. Safe Services Configurations? - Similar Threads - Safe Services Configurations

2. Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration?: Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-all-non-microsoft-services/dcbf71e9-2bd1-4dfa-b156-d9e8ec017799
  3. Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration?: Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-all-non-microsoft-services/dcbf71e9-2bd1-4dfa-b156-d9e8ec017799
  4. Is it safe to disable all non Microsoft services in System Configuration?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Configuring Bluetooth Services hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring Bluetooth Services hangs: After a Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth speaker connects but the sound has a severe echo making the speaker unusable. When I remove the device in Setup\Bluetooth and Other Devices and try to reinstall and connect the speaker appears to connect properly and a window comes up...
  6. The service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not...

The service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not...: Hello, I'm having a hard time making my USB WiFI adapater and RedGear gamepad work on my PC. Both the devices are shown under "Other devices" in the Device Manager. If I try to update the driver automatically or by pointing the direction to the WinSxS folder (got that from...
  7. In System Configuration, Services, what are the functions of the Microsoft services?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In System Configuration, Services, what are the functions of the Microsoft services?: Where can I find the definitions, functions, and whether the service should be running for the Microsoft services, such as Application Layer Gateway Service, etc.?...
  8. Configuring bluetooth services

Configuring bluetooth services: Since installing my Bluetooth headset, BH9, I now have a small window permanently open displaying the Bluetooth logo and the words configuring Bluetooth Services. Is there any way of closing this window please?...
  9. Configuring Bluetooth Services Window

Configuring Bluetooth Services Window: I struggled to get my BH9 headset paired with my Asus laptop. Since managing this, I now have a small window permanently open saying 'configuring windows services'. Is there any way of closing this display please?...
  10. System Configuration Services 'Stopped'

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Configuration Services 'Stopped': Hey, a few months ago several services stopped functioning on my computer (including printing), and when I checked System Configuration, it said all these services were 'stopped'. There are no apparent ways to set these to 'running', and I was wondering if anyone knew a way...