Windows 10: "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK

Discus and support "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This just happened to me today. The safe to remove icon is usually located in the hidden taskbar . When I clicked on it to remove a flash drive , I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sportflyer, Nov 8, 2015.

1. "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK

This just happened to me today. The safe to remove icon is usually located in the hidden taskbar . When I clicked on it to remove a flash drive , I normally get the "safe to remove" notification . Now this has gone missing and the icon shows up in the taskbar instead without any notification . Any idea how to fix? Tks

New input:

I ran the sfc /scannow routine . It found that everything is OK but now the "safe to remove" notification is working again .
    So the problem is fixed but I dont know why . Did windows fix a corrupted file by itself ?

:)

sportflyer, Nov 8, 2015
  2. rjpe Win User

Safe to remove hardware message no longer shows in Windows 10 Pro x64

need registry key to enable "safe to remove hardware" message in Windows 10. This message no longer appears after "Safely remove hardware and eject media" is selected from the notification area's icon. The system is working properly but is simply not displaying
    the "safe to remove message" which it previously did.

rjpe, Nov 8, 2015
  3. MarlaRF Win User
    Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon missing from the notification tray in windows 10.

Came here for help, but figured it out for those who don't want to run a dll or exe (I don't trust myself). Go to Settings, search for and click on Connected Devices, select the device you want removed, select Remove device, select Yes. Voila!

MarlaRF, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

"safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK

1. "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK - Similar Threads - safe remove notification

2. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  3. No safely remove hardware notification

No safely remove hardware notification: No safely remove hardware notification, looked up the replies to this, found the real cause for me was "Focus Assist", turn of and now it works well Win 10 pro...
  4. No Notification to safely remove hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Notification to safely remove hardware: When I insert a flash drive, I hear the notification sound but do not get a display notification in the notification area. When I use the icon to eject a flash drive I get no Safe to Remove notification. I get no notification. If I attempt to use the icon to eject a second...
  5. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing: The "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive is now missing. This will corrupt the drive if it does not come back. How do I get it come back?...
  6. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows. Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings . Under Notification Area , choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove...
  7. safe to remove icon

safe to remove icon: my safe to remove icon has gone from my hidden icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-icon/00fd3025-693c-4425-ad98-85fe6fee6455
  8. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  10. Not able to safely remove external harrdrive through notification icon

Not able to safely remove external harrdrive through notification icon: I'm using a Lenovo yoga 3 pro for the first time, with Windows 10 pre-installed, so I haven't made any changes or updates. The icon in the notification tray for Safely Remove Hardware is there, but when I click (left and right) on it, the external harddrive is listed, but in...