Windows 10: Safely Delete Windows Image Backup

Discus and support Safely Delete Windows Image Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I made a system image backup on 8/6, and renamed my computer on 8/10. I made another system image backup on 8/12. Now I have two folders under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by satchmo, Aug 14, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Safely Delete Windows Image Backup

I made a system image backup on 8/6, and renamed my computer on 8/10.

I made another system image backup on 8/12.

Now I have two folders under the WindowsImageBackup directory--one with the old computer name, and the other one with the new name.

Under the old computer name, there's a subdirectory called "Backup 2015-08-07 042325". Inside this folder, there's a huge file that's 67 GB large.

Is it safe to delete the system image under the old computer name? What is the safest way to delete this folder and reclaim hard drive space?

:)

satchmo, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Nguyen992 Win User

Safely delete system image backup on Window

Hi everyone,

I have created a system image backup and saved it on the internal hard drive "E:\". Because its size was 97 GB, I want to delete it and will create another one and save it on my external hard drive later. The image included 9GB of data files and 88 GB of
    system image.

Safely Delete Windows Image Backup [​IMG]

When I go into "Manage backup disc space", it only allowed me to remove 9GB of data files, like this

So does anyone know how to completely and safely remove the remain 88 GB of system image?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestion

Nguyen992, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Safely delete system image backup on Window

I generally delete it like any folder>Right click and delete.It causes/should cause no harm.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 14, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Right click on the folder->Delete. Just like you delete anything else.

topgundcp, Aug 14, 2015
  5. satchmo Win User
    Inside the 8/6 folder, there are some files that are modified on 8/12. I am concerned that deleting the earlier system image would corrupt the newer system image as well.

I just want to confirm that it's safe before deleting things.

satchmo, Aug 14, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    If you created the 2nd backup as full backup then you can safely delete the first one. I am not sure about the modified time on the first backup. Did you schedule the backup as incremental backup ?

Personally, I use macrium Macrium Reflect Free to create a backup image. Which only creates a single file, easier to handle while Windows built in backup created multiple files and if any one of those files is corrupted/Missing then the restore will fail. In addition, Windows built in backup has no way to verify whether the backup is any good.

topgundcp, Aug 14, 2015
  7. satchmo Win User
    I created the second system image as a full backup. I deleted the first backup.

I also read this from f14tomcat in another thread:

I feel pretty safe to remove the first system image under the old computer name.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding Macrium Reflect. I'll check it out.

satchmo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Delete Windows Image Backup - Similar Threads - Safely Delete Image

2. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  3. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  4. image backup

image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  5. Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?

Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?: I have a backup folder named LEGION my laptop's name series, and it contains full of backups from 2021 to now. Its size is 143,81 GB, which 49,7% fills up my 325,54 GB D: drive. I am trying to clean my disk but I'm also worried, is it safe to delete it? Any catch if I do?...
  6. Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Folder, Safe to Delete?: I have a backup folder named LEGION my laptop's name series, and it contains full of backups from 2021 to now. Its size is 143,81 GB, which 49,7% fills up my 325,54 GB D: drive. I am trying to clean my disk but I'm also worried, is it safe to delete it? Any catch if I do?...
  7. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  8. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  9. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  10. Native images folder... safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Native images folder... safe to delete?: Hey guys, I noticed the native images folder 32 and 64 are huge, is it safe to delete this? Located in windows assembly folder... 146922

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to safely delete a WindowsimageBackup in windows 10