Windows 10: "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing

Discus and support "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Title says it all. Even without any flash drives connected to my PC, it still displays this. Didn't happen when I was back in Windows 7. 25332 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djdelarosa25, Oct 5, 2015.

1. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing

Title says it all. Even without any flash drives connected to my PC, it still displays this. Didn't happen when I was back in Windows 7.

:)

djdelarosa25, Oct 5, 2015
  2. rjpe Win User

Safe to remove hardware message no longer shows in Windows 10 Pro x64

need registry key to enable "safe to remove hardware" message in Windows 10. This message no longer appears after "Safely remove hardware and eject media" is selected from the notification area's icon. The system is working properly but is simply not displaying
    the "safe to remove message" which it previously did.

rjpe, Oct 5, 2015
  3. WylECyote Win User
    Safe to remove hardware message only shows in Windows 10 after second click

More on the Safe to remove message issue.

When I click 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' it always results in a window with "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device" blah, blah, blah.

Disregard that and click 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' again and the Safe to Remove Hardware notification appears.

This is consistent behavior; it always happens whether or not the device was in use. It isn't sometimes, it is every single time, whatever the device and regardless of it actually being in use.

Perhaps others could check to see if it is common to all WinX systems.

WylECyote, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Clint Win User

"Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing

I have this too, but I have 2 USB external HDs hooked up.

Clint, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Does it list any devices that are available to eject? Some SATA controllers are hot-swappable and will show that icon all the time.

DeaconFrost, Oct 5, 2015
  6. I don't have any external drives connected to my PC at all.

djdelarosa25, Oct 5, 2015
  7. It would show for internal hard drives, but I believe they would be showing in the pop-up as devices that can be ejected. What motherboard and/or chipset does your computer have?

DeaconFrost, Oct 5, 2015
  8. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing

Also can show for any wifi printer or smartphone to say it is safe to shut down without curruption

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  9. What's the three dots for?

djdelarosa25, Oct 6, 2015
  10. Sorry I don't know have no idea was wondering that myself

hTconeM9user, Oct 6, 2015
  11. gpstoloff Win User
    It's a placeholder that signifies no removable devices installed (at that time). When a device is recognized, it will be replaced by an "Eject xxx" command.

As to why the icon is always present on your Taskbar, that is an option that can be changed by Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons. If that icon is in "Show icon and notifications" status, it will remain unless you change the status to "Hide icon and notifications" or "Only show notifications".

gpstoloff, Oct 6, 2015
  12. I don't have "Notification Area Icons" on my Control Panel even when I have enabled All Control panel Items

djdelarosa25, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing

1. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Always Appearing - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue: Hello, I have problem. This showed up on my taskbar and it stayed awhile. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-issue/47114385-afc9-4a73-a62b-6cc7b28384f0
  3. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Since upgrading to Windows 10 v20H2 I have had problems ejecting all of my USB drives from the notification tray. They all show up in File Explorer and if I right click I can eject them from there. They do not show up in the list that appears when I click "Safely Remove...
  4. Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": Is there any way to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon? I tried with the batch file & changing in the settings but both do not work, batch file gives me an error and in settings, it just does not appear in "Turn system icons on or off". Also if this is...
  5. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem

"Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem: When I press the icon, these show up. I believe this icon should disappear unless external device is connected. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-problem/acda70b5-9bdc-46ab-b7b5-4aa25e690ea7
  6. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Hi everyone. I have got a new PC with windows 10 on it however, when I attach an external hard drive to it and need to remove it, I click on "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". everything goes normal but I do not get the message that say "Save to remove hardware". I...
  7. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working: "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Notification is not working, has anyone else had this issue with 1809. I like the feature as I've had a couple of bad experiences pulling a drive out when it was not ready. Sure the little Drive Icon goes away but I like the...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working: "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Notification is not working, has anyone else had this issue with 1809. I like the feature as I've had a couple of bad experiences pulling a drive out when it was not ready. Sure the little Drive Icon goes away but I like the...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media: When using this feature in Windows 10, I used to get an on-screen message saying when it was safe to disconnect the device. Several months ago I stopped getting this message. Any ideas why?...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...