Windows 10: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10

Discus and support Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's not hiding. It's gone. I tried right clicking on taskbar to get to properties and that's missing too. I used to have it. I think it was there last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by catara, Oct 12, 2016.

1. catara Win User

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10

It's not hiding. It's gone. I tried right clicking on taskbar to get to properties and that's missing too. I used to have it. I think it was there last month. I also opened the open action center to make sure I wasn't on tablet mode, and I'm not. Can't seem to get there from here. *Sad

:)

catara, Oct 12, 2016
  2. kayjayw Win User

Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon missing from the notification tray in windows 10.

Still having the issue and could use some help.

kayjayw, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon sometimes disappears in Windows 10.

LarryLaursen, thanks for the info.

Any contribution is welcome.

Regards.

PS: In fact, I think this problem is / was a bug of Windows 10.

DRASTOKLOP, Oct 12, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Please include a screenshot of the taskbar.
    If you are missing items, go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Oct 12, 2016
  5. catara Win User
    I followed your directions to a "T" B.lack screen with pertinent info, but then what? I closed it out , checked the hidden Icons, it was still missing. I restarted the laptop and went to the hidden icons and instead of seeing the missing one, there are now 2 missing. I'm not even sure which one is now missing too. What now?*Confused

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  6. catara Win User
    I am back up to 8 icons but the "safely remove hardware "is still gone.

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    In File Explorer have you right-clicked the item/drive showing in the list then clicked Eject? My Win10 computers show Settings on the right-click of the Taskbar to get to where changes can be made.

Berton, Oct 13, 2016
  8. catara Win User

plus I really want the icon back. Something is there because it complains when I disconnect, as I am unable to do it correctly.

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Not so, Catara: You can still right-click the drive icon in File Explorer and select the "Eject" item from the resulting pop-up menu, to wit:

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Almost always in Windows, where there's a will, there's also a way!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 13, 2016
  10. Bree New Member
    Unfortunately File Explorer doesn't offer an 'Eject' option for USB hard drives, just for memory cards/sticks. So we still need to find a way to get the OP's icon back.

The most obvious thing to check is this setting....

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

...but as the OP said...
    ... then it may be difficult to get to (though the OP might not have spotted the 'settings' cogwheel at the bottom). Typing 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' in the search box is another way to get there.

11. catara Win User
    [When I right click on the driver nothing like that shows up

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  12. catara Win User
    I am able to right click on taskbar and get to settings and select which icons I want on the taskbar rather in hidden above the arrow. I clicked on for the volume and the eject thingy to move to my taskbar, but only the volume showed up. I did not know that it doesn't work with USB. It beeps when I connect and beeps even louder when I disconnect. I'll try an SD card and see if it shows back up.

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  13. catara Win User

brett, you did help me by telling me about the USB and the SD cards being different. The little eject Icon did show up when I put the SD card in. I just didn't know. I thought all strange things entering into the computer needed permission to leave. Thank for your help. Thanks to everyone. Glad I found you guys. I'll save you in my favorites as I have yet to have windows 10 save my browsing history, another irritant of windows 10. When I have the energy to battle that, I will be back.

catara, Oct 13, 2016
  14. EdTittel Win User
    Oops! I shoulda read the OP more closely. I apologize for the red herring I dragged into the discussion. But I also learned something useful and valuable: indeed my USB external drives don't offer Eject while memory cards and flash drives do. Thanks!
    I did, however, find a nice third-party utility called "RemoveDrive" that can do exactly what's needed from the command line.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  15. HRC
    HRC Win User
    I have 3 USB hard drives and I get the eject icon for all of them.

Thema:

1. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. safely remove hardware and eject media windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    safely remove hardware and eject media windows 10: how to safely remove hardware and eject media windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-windows-10/47105793-3106-4f68-96af-a53be1f86344
  3. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue

"Safely remove hardware and eject media" issue: Hello, I have problem. This showed up on my taskbar and it stayed awhile. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-issue/47114385-afc9-4a73-a62b-6cc7b28384f0
  4. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Since upgrading to Windows 10 v20H2 I have had problems ejecting all of my USB drives from the notification tray. They all show up in File Explorer and if I right click I can eject them from there. They do not show up in the list that appears when I click "Safely Remove...
  5. Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": Is there any way to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon? I tried with the batch file & changing in the settings but both do not work, batch file gives me an error and in settings, it just does not appear in "Turn system icons on or off". Also if this is...
  6. "Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem

"Safely remove hardware and eject media" problem: When I press the icon, these show up. I believe this icon should disappear unless external device is connected. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-and-eject-media-problem/acda70b5-9bdc-46ab-b7b5-4aa25e690ea7
  7. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Hi everyone. I have got a new PC with windows 10 on it however, when I attach an external hard drive to it and need to remove it, I click on "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". everything goes normal but I do not get the message that say "Save to remove hardware". I...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media not working: "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" Notification is not working, has anyone else had this issue with 1809. I like the feature as I've had a couple of bad experiences pulling a drive out when it was not ready. Sure the little Drive Icon goes away but I like the...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media: When using this feature in Windows 10, I used to get an on-screen message saying when it was safe to disconnect the device. Several months ago I stopped getting this message. Any ideas why?...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eject disc

2. eject icon for SD or phone missing Windows 10

3. how to get help in windows 10 for autoplay media eject icon

4. eject media,
  5. Hardware and Eject Media – icon”,
  6. remove eject media icon from taskbar windows 10