Windows 10: Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Discus and support Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankS, Aug 26, 2018.

1. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

:)

FrankS, Aug 26, 2018

2. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Why is the Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows 10?

Hi.

I am using a HP Envy with Windows 10. Safety remove icon missing and I can not safely remove my IPhone.

I have read that other members of the forum have had the same problem of the Safety remove icon not showing. I followed all the steps suggested by Microsoft link and by pclicious.com. I also created a shortcut on the desk and still no chance for me safety
    remove the IPhone. I add a Galaxy Note II and still the icon was not showing. Then I added a WD external store drive and the icon suddenly appeared. It was showing not only the WD external store but the Galaxy too. However the iPhone was not in the list.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Zoraida

Zoraida Quintero-Hardie, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Nick_99H Win User

USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Carried the step by step instructions as far as Item 5. Interestingly the Safe remove icon was turned on. Toggled the on/off button and left it in the off position then rebooted with the intention to clear anything that
    may have prevented the icon showing up. With bootup complete the Safe remove icon is now visible in the Hidden icon box and is active when tested.

After bootup proceeded as per instruction No 5 to see if Safe remove icon button is in the ON position. NEGATIVE. It is in the OFF position and seemingly works fine.

Nick_99H, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. Safely Remove Hardware icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware icon: I have my USB device set for "better performance"; yet I can't get the Safely Remove icon to appear on my taskbar. I can see it only by going to "Show hidden icons." How can I get this icon to appear on the taskbar, or on the Windows list of "Select which icons appear on the...
  3. Safely Remove Hardware icon

Safely Remove Hardware icon: I cannot display Safely Remove icon on my taskbar. It is turned on in Settings/Select which icons appear - but does not appear. It is not showing in Hidden Icons. ??????...
  4. No icon in the Safely Remove Hardware panel

No icon in the Safely Remove Hardware panel: Acer Switch V 10 -- I get a message that I should use the Safely Remove Hardware command in the tray when I remove the tablet/screen from the keyboard, but there is no icon in that panel for me to click. Does that mean I can safely ignore the message?...
  5. safely remove hardware icon

safely remove hardware icon: where is safely remove hardware icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/safely-remove-hardware-icon/b1cc5b40-80b4-4081-94b1-ca06b4acb523
  6. Safely remove hardware icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove hardware icon: Is it possible to permanently get rid of this annoying little icon? So far, i have found this program to get rid of it, but i think its a bit silly to have a program installed just to get rid of the icon. 116907
  7. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  8. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.: Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
  9. disable safely remove hardware icon

disable safely remove hardware icon: is there a way to permanently disable that annoying icon? most of the posts i have read only says how to hide it... 61771
  10. Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon

Where is the Safely Remove Hardware icon: Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 and to this forum. I can't find the eject hardware icon anywhere. Under windows 7 it was in the system tray at bottom right. Few questions, please: 1. So where is that eject hardware icon? 2. I'm assuming that mice and keyboards can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safely remove hardware icon missing

2. safely remove icon missing in taskbar

3. remove hardware icon

4. remove hardware safely windows 8.1 is missing,
  5. safely remove hardware icon is missing