Windows 10: Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed

Discus and support Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use the Safely Remove Hardware to remove, for example a USB flash drive, I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Nov 4, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed

When I use the Safely Remove Hardware to remove, for example a USB flash drive, I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I used to get this in Win 8.1 and I still get it in Win 7.

Is there a way to enable the message? (I know a lot of people don't want the message but I do).

:)

fireberd, Nov 4, 2015
  2. rjpe Win User

Safe to remove hardware message no longer shows in Windows 10 Pro x64

need registry key to enable "safe to remove hardware" message in Windows 10. This message no longer appears after "Safely remove hardware and eject media" is selected from the notification area's icon. The system is working properly but is simply not displaying
    the "safe to remove message" which it previously did.

rjpe, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Safely Remove Hardware Notification

Hi,

We suggest you to run the automatic troubleshooter. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start Menu -> Control Panel -> In
      Category, choose Small icons -> Troubleshooting ->
      Hardware and Sound -> Hardware and Devices.
    • It will open a window to run the troubleshooter and hit Next.
    Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report. The troubleshooter will try to fix the problem for you.

If the issue persists, you can perform a System Restore.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Nov 4, 2015
  4. winnelip Win User

Had the same problem. Solved as follows:

-Click on Windows Start icon
    -Click on Settings
    -Click on Notifications & actions
    -Under Notifications put 'Show app notification' to ON

winnelip, Nov 4, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    Mine is already on. So that is not the problem.

fireberd, Nov 4, 2015
  6. fireberd Win User
    Just checked my "Preview" version and it does not show the message either when I use Safely Remove Hardware.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed - Similar Threads - Safely Remove Hardware

2. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  3. Safe to remove hardware notification occasionally doesnt show.

Safe to remove hardware notification occasionally doesnt show.: Hi,When i press the eject button for my WD Elements drive, it occasionally doesnt show the "Save to remove hardware" message in the corner.What do i have to do?...
  4. No safely remove hardware notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    No safely remove hardware notification: No safely remove hardware notification, looked up the replies to this, found the real cause for me was "Focus Assist", turn of and now it works well Win 10 pro...
  5. No Notification to safely remove hardware

No Notification to safely remove hardware: When I insert a flash drive, I hear the notification sound but do not get a display notification in the notification area. When I use the icon to eject a flash drive I get no Safe to Remove notification. I get no notification. If I attempt to use the icon to eject a second...
  6. How to remove "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" notification?: Hi Microsoft, I really do want to keep the setting "Always show all icons in the notification area" on, however I really do want to get rid of the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media notification. The reason why is because I do not use any USB storage devices and it is...
  7. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing: The "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive is now missing. This will corrupt the drive if it does not come back. How do I get it come back?...
  8. not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification

not showing USB safe to remove hardware notification: Been playing with this for a while. When my external hard drive is connected and I eject, sometimes the message notification says safe to remove and most of the time I eject and their is no « safe to remove hardware notification « the taskbar icons are defaulted as this...
  9. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  10. "safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up

"safe to remove hardware" notification not popping up: Hello everyone, I had my usb drive connected to the pc, and by mistake I went to the Action Center and I clicked "Turn off notifications for this group". So, now when I click to remove a usb or any device, I don't get the "safe to remove hardware" notification anymore. All...