Windows 10: "Safely remove hardware"

Discus and support "Safely remove hardware" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ghost82, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Ghost82 Win User

"Safely remove hardware"

Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears.

It started to happen after the last big update in april.

Any clue? I just checked is not hidden, and is selected to appear on the taskbar.

"Safely remove hardware" [​IMG]

:)

Ghost82, Jun 16, 2018

2. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 17, 2018
  4. "Safely remove hardware"

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

"Safely remove hardware"

1. "Safely remove hardware" - Similar Threads - Safely remove hardware

2. "Safe to Remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Safe to Remove Hardware": Windows11 "Safe to Remove Hardware" The Icon appears when ask to eject but the "Safe to Remove Hardware" does not show to remove. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware/b6fed1d0-bcf2-4c97-8d1c-e18aba09f305
  3. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  4. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  5. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  7. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  8. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware: I no longer have "safely remove hardware" from my hidden icons on the desktop. What happened? Will it come back soon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/b4bc08e0-d553-4d18-a6c2-b6aa525efbcc
  10. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safely Remove Hardware: Safely Remove Hardware clicking individual hardware no longer shows it is safe to remove selected hardware. Hardware in question is an USB stick. Can anyone help please....