Windows 10: Safely Remove not working properly

Discus and support Safely Remove not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by battlezone, May 29, 2018.

1. Safely Remove not working properly

Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop, which has the same update installed, I do get the popup. Can I get the popup back on the desktop machine?

:)

battlezone, May 29, 2018

2. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 29, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    "Safely removing devices" not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to Safely remove device icon or notification?

If you are referring about icon. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the empty space on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Under Notification area click on Customize.
    • Under Notifications and actions Click Select which icons to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on Windows Explorer option. By turning this on you will get an icon on the taskbar.

You may also refer the link below suggested by Ruth Buruga on October 10, 2015
    and follow the steps.

SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE/DEVICE Win10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Safely Remove not working properly

1. Safely Remove not working properly - Similar Threads - Safely Remove working

2. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  3. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  4. Windows safe mode not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows safe mode not working properly: Whenever i go into safe mode and try to go to the windows defender from the settings it just shows a blank screen saying "security at glance" and when i try to go into the defender from the search, an error pops up saying "the system detected an overrun of a stack-based...
  5. Safe Removal of USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Removal of USB devices not working: A while ago I paused updates on my computer. I found that many of them were more troublesome than their worth, not helpful, or just annoying. For instance, do we all remember when they got rid of the ability to change the screen brightness without having to go into settings?...
  6. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  7. Safely Remove not wkring properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove not wkring properly: Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop, which has the same update installed, I do get the popup. Can I get the popup back on the desktop machine? 111207
  8. Safely Remove Hardware No Longer Working

Safely Remove Hardware No Longer Working: Hello everyone. I have done some prior searching but haven't found anything that seems to fix my particular problem. Every since around the Win 10 Developer's Update, removing hardware via the notification tray dialogue has stopped functioning. When I plug in an...
  9. Safely Remove Icon not working properly

Safely Remove Icon not working properly: Hello Everybody! I'm new here. I just upgraded to Windows 10 1511 (November Update), and saw the new (modernized) Safely Remove icon in the system tray - and the problem, it's not working properly. Here's my screenshot: [img] Whereas before: [img] (I know,...
  10. Pc only working properly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc only working properly in safe mode: Don’t know what’s happened, but I installed trials of adobe apps and iobit uninstaller, since about this time, I am unable to.... -open task manager with Carl alt del -gpedit won’t open -several small programs won’t open unless I select run as admin but in safe mode...