Windows 10: Safety Aspect ?

Discus and support Safety Aspect ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have the latest version Windows 10 Preview 6860. The only security feature installed is the inbuilt Defender. Other computers in my house are all W8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dencal, Nov 7, 2014.

1. dencal Win User

Safety Aspect ?

Have the latest version Windows 10 Preview 6860.
    The only security feature installed is the inbuilt Defender.
    Other computers in my house are all W8 or W8.1 PRO.
    All other computers have Avast free installed, and with the latest 2015 year version comes a Network Safety Checker.
    This warns me that my router is accessible from the internet on all other computers in the house.
    Is this due to my W10 installation and the fact that Windows need access to my computer ?
    And does this compromise the safety of all other computers in the house which all use the same router.
    Can all the other computers be safeguarded, and how ?

:)

dencal, Nov 7, 2014

2. X3-02 Ringtone and SMS tone always on "Ascending" mode?

this is normal the reason been if you had it up at your ear and it started blasting out your ears could suffer damage ,its been like this on some models for some time now,its a safety aspect introduced by nokia ,a workaround that might work is the select
    the second last bar in the volume in your settings.....

techbuzzireland, Nov 7, 2014
  3. Sara71982 Win User
    Microsoft Account asking for verify each time I use laptop stop

Does the trust a device method work when Microsoft Family Safety is in use? I recently found that my son was on the computer past the time limit (that I thought I setup). I figured out that I had to verify the identity and a few days later, we're back to
    the same problem. Which has me very concerned that websites that I have marked as blocked, he may be able to access since part (or all) of the "safety" aspect is non-existent. If the above method solves my issue, that would definitely help.

Sara71982, Nov 7, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Safety Aspect ?

It's likely because Avast will not work with Win10 right now.
    Well, the last time I tried to install it on my PC(Win10) it failed and from the other reports it fails.

Jeff

EDIT: Never mind.. Avast seems to be working in Win10TP 9860.

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2014
  5. dencal Win User
    Do note...I have not installed Avast on W10 TP 9860.
    Only on computers with W8 or W8.1 Pro. Hence my security concern

dencal, Nov 7, 2014
  6. Mystere Win User
    That warning makes no sense. Of course your router is accessible from the internet. How else would the internet work? Your router *IS* what gives access to the internet...

I think Avast is trying to say something, but they've dumbed it down so much that the message is incomprehensible.

Maybe they mean the router can be pinged. Maybe they mean it's administrative page that you log into is accessible externally, maybe they mean a lot of things, but they don't actually say what... Perhaps if you clicked that "more info" link.

EDIT:

It looks like that warning message is a new feature just introduced a few days ago, so it's likely completely unrelated to Windows 10. It's just that you're now noticing it because it's a new feature.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with your individual computers, and seems to be the configuration of your network router, which is why all of your computers are reporting it.

Mystere, Nov 7, 2014
  7. dencal Win User
    That warning makes no sense. Of course your router is accessible from the internet. How else would the internet work? Your router *IS* what gives access to the internet...

I think Avast is trying to say something, but they've dumbed it down so much that the message is incomprehensible.

Maybe they mean the router can be pinged. Maybe they mean it's administrative page that you log into is accessible externally, maybe they mean a lot of things, but they don't actually say what... Perhaps if you clicked that "more info" link.

EDIT:

It looks like that warning message is a new feature just introduced a few days ago, so it's likely completely unrelated to Windows 10. It's just that you're now noticing it because it's a new feature.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with your individual computers, and seems to be the configuration of your network router, which is why all of your computers are reporting it. Further to your post Action Centre has flagged up a warning that there is a problem concerning "Windows Resource Protection".
    Have since done a "Scandisk" which it has confirmed...see Command Prompt attachment.
    Have also done a "Chkdsk /r on computer start up which also confirms the same problem and suggests it cannot be repaired
    This suggests that I do have a security problem and that maybe Avast are right.
    Regarding your suggestion "more info" link , apart from using another router no other suggestions.
    Any suggestions as to how I can solve this problem.
    Only yesterday I installed W10 TP 6841, then upgraded to TP 6860 onto a brand new SSD and it seemed to work perfectly.

dencal, Nov 8, 2014
  8. Tony K Win User

Safety Aspect ?

Hi there. Chkdsk nor Windows Resource Protection (Windows) has nothing to do with antivirus, however WRP it is a safety feature of the Windows system. Chkdsk is to fix disk errors. What exactly is the warning did it give?

Scannow cannot fix files because the store is corrupt. Please run www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=26512 to fix, then run scannow until errors are fixed. It may take multiple times to do so.

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
  9. SFC /SCANNOW doesn't work yet in W-10. Their must be a big mess in the system files while making the very young operating system.
    Well put it another way it works but shows nothing but a mess and no logs.

Layback Bear, Nov 8, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, LB. Didn't know that. Well, as is then.

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
  11. dencal Win User
    Being unable to start computer a message came up to put install disc in dvd drive, tried various methods to rectify and was informed there were disk errors so did chkdsk on start up. the warning was exactly the same as posted in my scannow command prompt posted earlier. unable to fix corrupt WRP files.
    Will try your fix suggestion tomorrow after a nights sleep as here in the UK its getting late.

dencal, Nov 8, 2014
  12. Tony K Win User
    As LB stated > None of that will work, so you should wipe the disk and reinstall 10 then.

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
  13. dencal Win User

Safety Aspect ?

Scannow does work in W10, CBS logs are also recorded, my CBS logs are 5m/b in size.
    Do look at my earlier post with the Command Prompt Attachment to confirm this.

dencal, Nov 8, 2014
  14. dencal Win User
    Your above link is not recognised by W10.

dencal, Nov 8, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    OK, I see scannow does work, but DISM can't possibly for there are no final releases to compile an official list of files. It's Beta.

Tony K, Nov 8, 2014
Thema:

Safety Aspect ?

1. Safety Aspect ? - Similar Threads - Safety Aspect

2. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  3. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  4. I'm on Minecraft mobile and I look at my site to change my online safety settings but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm on Minecraft mobile and I look at my site to change my online safety settings but I...: I can't change my Minecraft online safety settings to play online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-on-minecraft-mobile-and-i-look-at-my-site-to/9dc00361-c344-411b-ba07-eaa2a9202f31
  5. I'm on Minecraft mobile and I look at my site to change my online safety settings but I...

I'm on Minecraft mobile and I look at my site to change my online safety settings but I...: I can't change my Minecraft online safety settings to play online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-on-minecraft-mobile-and-i-look-at-my-site-to/9dc00361-c344-411b-ba07-eaa2a9202f31
  6. I'm on Minecraft mobile and I look at my site to change my online safety settings but I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  8. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

[Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  9. MS Family safety button not working?

MS Family safety button not working?: Hi, I've been having some trouble with the requesting access feature on MS's Family safety system.When I click the request access button, it redirects me to the same page and doesn't send the e-mail to my parents, i've tried clearing my search history like another thread...
  10. MS Family safety button not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Family safety button not working?: Hi, I've been having some trouble with the requesting access feature on MS's Family safety system.When I click the request access button, it redirects me to the same page and doesn't send the e-mail to my parents, i've tried clearing my search history like another thread...