Windows 10: Samba share doesn't work

Discus and support Samba share doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240). I've tried to get my samba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xotix, Sep 9, 2015.

1. xotix Win User

Samba share doesn't work

Hi,

I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240).

I've tried to get my samba share working for the whole day. I asked in #Windows, #ubuntu, #samba, #php, everywhere. I've googled and googled and googled.... and now I'm here. I've tried several configs but non worked.

My vbox has a NAT (with port forwarding for ssh) and an host-only adapter. I can ssh via both.

Currently I'm running this:
    Code: [foo] path = /home/me/foo read only = Yes guest ok = Yes[/quote]
    -server is shown in network
    -if I click it, I get "can't Access \\DEVSERVER, network path not found, 0x80070035"

I've tried adding registry keys and what no - I just don't get it running.

I really have no clue what's happening. I just Keep getting this non-sense error *Sad

Hope someone can help here.

:)

xotix, Sep 9, 2015

2. you removed windows firewall service?

So, is it working now? Are your SAMBA shares now accessible?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Mkrou Win User
    Windows 10 backup (using "Windows 7" tool) does not work

Also having this issue on multiple Windows 10 PCs at home. Trying to backup to a Linux server with Samba shares. Seems to be an intermittent issue... sometimes the backup works and sometimes it doesn't. As far as I can tell... there are no other applications
    having issues writing to the server/shares.

Same error code - A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001F).

Mkrou, Sep 9, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Samba share doesn't work

I don't know much about Nix but I do know about win 10 and 80070035 having had a battle earlier. Use the search box top right with 80070035. In my case one of the the win 10 boxes always gave that error when asked for shares. Turned out to be a problem with SMB versions not talking to each other. The client asks for shares to be listed and gets no response from the server so times out with that error. My case here Solved Network Shares not seen with MS account - Windows 10 Forums

Don't know whether this is relevant in your case but it may help give you a line of enquiry.

Good luck - I understand what a sod of an error this is!

linw, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Samba share doesn't work

1. Samba share doesn't work - Similar Threads - Samba share doesn't

2. Connecting to a Samba Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  3. XP to NAS / SAMBA shares

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP to NAS / SAMBA shares: Hi folks If you have XP VM's and you want to access SAMBA type shares then you'll need to add these 2 lines in the global section of the samba.conf file. (Note on the NAS / SAMBA server file. There's nothing extra to do on the XP system. (The NAS can usually by default...
  4. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  5. Good news Samba shares TO Windows working again

Good news Samba shares TO Windows working again: Hi there. After the latest set of Windows updates my SAMBA TO WINDOWS is working again -- note SAMBA TO WINDOWS --there never was any problem with WINDOWS TO SAMBA. I haven't changed / updated server for months now --stable and it doesn't change very often -- using CENTOS...
  6. Unable to See Samba Share

Unable to See Samba Share: Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the...
  7. Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7

Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7: Hello everyone, I'm having this very annoying issue with samba shares. The server is running on a CentOS 7 distro with samba-4.1.12-23.el7_1.x86_64. My Windows 10 build is 10240. The shares are visible but when I try to connect it waits a while and then gives me this...
  8. Samba shares TO Windows 10 now working OK (finally !!!!!)

Samba shares TO Windows 10 now working OK (finally !!!!!): Hi there after trying all of the zillion suggestions on the Forum about getting an INBOUND connection from SAMBA (NAS Server) to access W10 shares (the OTHER way around from W10 TO the NAS wasn't a problem) it's finally working. What I did was: 1) delete the W10 clean...
  9. Creating a samba share in windows 10

Creating a samba share in windows 10: I've been using unauthenticated samba share on my computer for well over a decade using windows 7, vista, and XP (and maybe even further back) to network with various devices in another room via an ethernet cable. I believe Microsoft removed unauthenticated samba shares from...
  10. Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Can't access Samba shares on 10049: I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shar ping works samba doesnt