Windows 10: Same address twice in User Accounts

Discus and support Same address twice in User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Using Netplwiz, I notice in my User Accounts I have the same User Name twice. Actually it is the same email address twice. Both are administrators... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Maggidon, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Same address twice in User Accounts

Using Netplwiz, I notice in my User Accounts I have the same User Name twice. Actually it is the same email address twice. Both are administrators under Group. My question is, can I remove one of those without having my computer going into meltdown. Please advise.

:)

Maggidon, Dec 8, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

Changing administrator email address on windows 10.

To prevent spam email addresses are automatically removed from any posts.

Log on with the old account.

Go to Settings > Accounts. Switch your account to be a Local Account and set a password.

Log out and log in as that user.

Go to Settings > Accounts again. Switch to a Microsoft Account and the dialogue will allow you to enter a new Microsoft Account credential

You are changing the account type of the same physical account (twice) so all settings etc. should remain the same.

You could have changed the email address of the Microsoft Account itself, the preferable option if you made any purchases with it. Add an alias of the new address to the old account, make the alias the primary user and then delete the old address. The same
    principle applies as it remains the same actual account even though the credentials change.

HairyFool, Dec 8, 2015
  3. LCRT Win User
    RE. Set up of Microsoft 365 on Nokia Lumia 530

If the office365 account is the same as the Microsoft account address, there is nothing that you need to do. It fails because you're adding the same account twice.

LCRT, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Maggidon Win User

Maybe I can get an answer here. In User Control, I have two exact email addresses under User Names. Under Groups, both are said to be Administrators. In the far left of the email addresses, there are two distinct little pictures. The first appears to be some sort of tv screen behind a little mans head and the second one has a little globe behind a mans head.
    My questions is, can I delete one of these email addresses or user names?

Maggidon, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Maggidon Win User
    Taking a screenshot and getting rid of the email addresses seems to prove more difficult than the original question. The best way to explain this from my perspective, it only to say again, that under the User Name there are two exact same email addresses. I suppose I could delete one or the other and hopefully my computer will not explode.
    If this is unsolvable apart from the screenshot, we'll just let it roll Brink. It's not hurting anything to my knowledge. Thanks for your reply! Same address twice in User Accounts :)

Maggidon, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'd say to let it be for now since it's not causing any issues. Without seeing a screenshot, I can't verify if it's safe to delete without causing an issue.

Brink, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Maggidon Win User

Brink, I can black out the email addresses. It's time to roll over into bed here but I'll upload a picture of that for you tomorrow night if that's ok with yourself.

Maggidon, Dec 17, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sure, that's fine. *Smile

Brink, Dec 17, 2015
  10. Maggidon Win User
    Same address twice in User Accounts [​IMG]

Here we go Brink. See if this is any help in order to understand what I'm saying.

Maggidon, Dec 17, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like you have one (top) that is an account on your local PC, and the other (bottom) may be for a network or domain account.

Brink, Dec 17, 2015
  12. Maggidon Win User
    Good! What would you do if you had this on your system, leave it or delete one of the two and if so, which one?

Maggidon, Dec 18, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  14. Maggidon Win User
    Did what the Tutorial says but as what to do with it remains out of my league. It therefore means I'll simply leave it alone since it causes me no grief. Should little bursts of blue smoke begin to ascend from the computer then I'll reach for a bucket of cold water. Thank you Brink for your assistance.

Maggidon, Dec 18, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime. If you like, post back with the results, and I'll be happy to look at it to see if anything may stand out for this. It doesn't show anything personal.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Same address twice in User Accounts - Similar Threads - Same address twice

2. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  3. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  4. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  5. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  6. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  8. 2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address: Hi all, Years ago, I made a Microsoft account with my custom-domain email address. I now have that email hosted with Office 365, and try to use that as my MS account with everything. Is there any risk in deleting the first Microsoft account to stop some things trying to...
  9. Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account: Hello, Yesterday I've updated my windows from build 1803 to 1903. As I encountered some problems with Activation (Free Digital License) I have used slmgr.vbs /upk without writing down the Key(I thought I have it written down somewhere). I have tried to restore but couldn't...
  10. Same user account twice on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same user account twice on login screen: Hi all, I have a very weird situation going on on my login screen: basically, the username appears twice and, if I click on the second 'username', I get a different login screen but it logs into the same account anyway? I have taken a couple of screenshots, as they better...